Steve's promotion | Teen Ink

Steve's promotion

By minecraft BRONZE, Manteca CA, California
minecraft BRONZE, Manteca CA, California

Word Count: 1,579

STEVE’S PROMOTION
by

Steve wakes up at six twenty. He brushed his teeth, took a shower and got ready for work. For breakfast he ate cheerios. Steve got to work at six forty five and says “hi” to his friends and his boss Romeo.
“Hi”, said Steve.
“Hey”, said Romeo, “wait up”.
“Would you like to go to lunch with me?” asked Romeo.
“Sure”, said Steve, “what time?”.
“Twelve thirty”, answered Romeo.
“Alright”, said Steve.
Steve walks to his office and gets working on the video game he’s working on.The game that  he planned on making is an adventure game. He wants it to be a third person game. The character is sailing at sea when he gets stranded on an island that was never discovered before. On the island he found a lot of strange animals. This character is stranded on the island for about a month. When someone comes to save him he does not want to go.
“This is a once in a lifetime moment”, he said.
“But you have to leave”, said the rescuer.     
“You don’t understand I will miss this place ,and how I was living”, says the character.
“Alright if you really want to”, said the rescuer.
Steve says this will be a great game and will be a sellout. It was already twelve thirty and it was time to go to lunch with Romeo. Steve meets up with Romeo and they carpool. They make their way to Denny’s. Steve and Romeo sit at their table and order their food.
“So I wanted to talk to you about how early you are to work and how hard working you are”, said Romeo.
“I am only coming to work at six forty five in the morning”, said Steve.
“Ok I guess you won’t mind me offering you a promotion then”, said Romeo trying to persuade Steve.
“No thank you”, said Steve.
Romeo was silent and did not say a word on the way back to work hoping that Steve would change his mind and say yes to the promotion. Steve and Romeo got to work, Steve went to his office to work on his videogame some more and Romeo went to his office. Steve thinks about how the rescuer in the videogame will tell the people back at the city that he lives in. It was three o’clock and it was time for him to go home. When he got home he got firewood and made a fire to thaw out. He turned on the T.V. to watch the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Then he immediately got firewood and made a fire for him and after doing that he ate a bowl of cabbage soup. When he goes to sleep he thinks about the weekend and what he is going to do.
He wakes up, brushes his teeth and goes to Applebee’s to have breakfast with his mom.
“How are you doing”, said Mary Steve’s mom.
“Good”, said Steve.
“How about work”, asked Mary.
“My boss asked me if I wanted a promotion”, said Steve,”I didn’t take it”.
“Why”, asked Mary.
“I’m happy with what I'm doing”, said Steve.
Their food got to their table and they started eating their food. Later on, they said bye to each other and went on their way. Steve went to the grocery store to get some food for his soup that he is going to eat for dinner. He later got a call from his friend to see if he wanted to see a football game at his house and Steve said yes. It was six o’clock and it was time to go to his friend’s house.  He had a blast and when he got home he was to full to eat any soup. He immediately went to bed and thought about what he was going to do tomorrow. When he was in bed he put two blankets over him because it was so cold outside. It was Sunday and he wakes up and goes out to pick up the newspaper. Steve reads it while eating breakfast.
Steve went back home at two o’clock to relax and watch his favorite T.V. show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. After that he ate his cabbage soup and went to bed. Steve thought about the promotion and about Romeo. What should he do he thought to himself about  the benefits that he has creating games and how much money he was getting.
On the way to work he thinks about the promotion and he wants to impress his boss. Then he makes up his mind that he will do anything for that promotion. When he gets to work Steve speed walks to Romeo forgetting to say hi to his friends. When he gets there he says:
“I would like that promotion”, said Steve with excitement.
“What?”, asked Romeo confused.
“I want that promotion”, said Steve a second time.
“Oh yeah the promotion”, said Romeo.
“Yup”, said Steve.
“If you really want this promotion you’re going to have to make the best videogame you can make”, said Romeo.
“Got it boss”, said Steve.
As soon as he got to his office he started to think about the videogame. Steve thinks about a game that will really sell out and make Romeo happy. Steve goes to lunch and takes the day off to sit on his couch and look at other videogames to get an idea of what a good game is. After Steve was done doing that he went to eat out this time for dinner to get ready for the day ahead of him tomorrow. Steve goes to bed and thinks about tomorrow.
It was Tuesday and when Steve gets to work he immediately goes to his office and gets to work on his videogame. This videogame gets started off with a boy who is born and his dad is working on a serum that will make you have telekinesis. Telekinesis makes you have an ability to move objects with your mind.
One day the boy’s dad comes home with the serum on his hands and the boy accidently gets the cerium in his system. The next thing you know it he has telekinesis. The videogames objective is to protect the innocent kids at school from bullies and the final round is when you have to go against a supervillain that is trying to destroy the world. As soon as he gives it to Romeo, he is not satisfied.
“What do you think of my new videogame”, asked Steve.
“It’s okay Steve”, said Romeo.
“What do you mean?”, asked Steve.
“I don’t think it’s your best work”, said Romeo.
“Alright”, said Steve sadly.
Steve was thinking about something else to actually impress Romeo. He goes back to his office and brainstorms another game. Steve goes home and while in his car Steve thinks about all of the other things he can put in his videogame. When he gets home Steve thinks about a game that is about a guy who has an imagination and goes to all of these different places while being different people.
One of his dreams was him in outer space and he had to save people who were stranded there. Steve thought this was going to be a sell out just like Romeo told him to do. When he was done he turned it in to Romeo.
“Wow this is really impressive”, Romeo said.
“You really like it”, Steve said.
“This is brilliant Steve, I think this will really be a sell out and we will make thousands off of this game”, said Romeo, “this will be good for this company”, said Romeo.
While Romeo was talking Steve thought about the promotion and about how good he was doing in his job right now.
“Congratulations Steve you have the promotion”, said Romeo happily.
“You know what I don’t think I want it anymore”, said Steve.
“Why?”, asked Romeo.
“I just thought about it and I don’t want it anymore”, said Steve.
Steve thought about earlier and came to reality that he can not draw at all. It was good that he thought about it then or he wouldn’t have done a good job. Steve went home and was very proud of himself that he made the right choice. He called his mom and told her the whole story. He ate his soup while watching his favorite T.V. show. When he got to work the next day he came to some surprising news that he was getting a raise. Romeo said when the game came out he would have gotten even more money.
When Steve heard this news he was blown away and was twice as happy as he was the day before. It was Saturday and was the day to go to breakfast with his mom. Steve told her all about what happened at work and good this week was. Both of them were very happy. It seemed that Steve had the greatest day in his life and that the whole world was congratulating him for how hard he was working that week. It was like the best day of his life except for when he was born, because if he wasn’t born he wouldn’t have felt this feeling of being so happy that you feel like he’s in heaven.

VictoryJoy said...
Why this novel is the best voted one? I didn't see any comment here. The plain language indicates there must exist some deep plot underneath, but I didn't see any right now. Is the problem belongs to me or to the author?