Moving | Teen Ink

Moving

“Chelsea!! Come outside Chris and Patrick are here.” My mom yelled.
“Tell them to hold on, I’m coming.”
“Ok”

I ran outside to see what they wanted.
“Do you want to play basketball with us?” Patrick asked.
“Yea sure, hold on a I have to change.”
“Ok.” They said.

As I was walking outside I realized that I still had my flip flops on and then I ran back inside to change my shoes. After I was done I walked back outside.
“What took you so long?” Chris asked.
“She’s a girl.” Patrick said.
“Shut up!” I yelled and then hit him in the arm, and then all of us started laughing.
We started playing, it was Patrick and I against Chris. Patrick, Chris, Mariah and I were best friends. The next day at school we all sat together at lunch.
“We dominated at basketball last night Chelsea.” Patrick said.
“I know, because I was on your team, duh.” I replied.
“Sure.” He said and then we both started laughing.
Mariah and I were talking about Patrick and Chris and how we were all going to be best friends forever and that we were going to move in with each other after we graduate. That night she stayed the night at my house and we were talking and she said, “We will graduate and I will get married to Chris and you will get married to Patrick.”
“Umm….sure…” I said with a weird look.
I had so many things running through my head after she said that. I didn’t know if she was serious or not, so I just smiled and agreed. We decided that we were going to walk around outside. We got outside and saw Patrick and Chris playing basketball.
“Do you guys want to come and walk around with us?” Mariah asked them.
“Yea.” Patrick and Chris yelled.

They threw the basketball into Chris’s yard. We were walking around and talking about random stuff and then we started getting really bored so we went back to my house, and hung out in my room. The next day after school my parents came up to me and said, “Chelsea, Tylee is getting really sick and we are going to move to Monroe in 2 weeks.”
“WHAT?!?!” I yelled.
“I ran next door to tell Chris. I saw that Patrick was there and I ran up to him and hugged him.
“What’s wrong?” He asked.
“I’m moving to Monroe.” I said as I started crying.
“Why?”
“My cousin that has cancer is getting worse and my mom said that we had to move there.” I said.
“I don’t want you to move though.”
“Me neither but I have to.”
“When are you moving?”
“Umm….in 2 weeks.”
“Oh.”

Patrick, Chris and I were hanging out in Chris’s living room watching a movie. I was so sad that I had to move and I wouldn’t be able to see Mariah, Patrick and Chris anymore.
“Can I use your phone really quick?” I asked Chris.
“Yea go ahead.”

I dialed Mariah’s number.
“Hello.” It was Mariah’s voice.
“I’m moving.” I said.
“Umm….Chelsea?”
“Yea.”
“What?! You can’t leave me! We have been best friends for 2 ½ years! You cant do this to me! Where are you moving?”
“I have to. And I’m moving to Monroe. I have to go I’m at Chris’s house with Patrick.
“Ok bye. Ill talk to you tomorrow.” She said then hung up.
The next day at school I told all of my friends that I was moving and they were really sad. I went home that day and started packing all of my stuff. It was Friday and I had about a week of school left. We were leaving on Thursday. I couldn’t do anything that weekend because I had to pack. The next Monday at school I almost started crying because it was my last week at school. Patrick, Chris and Mariah were trying to make me somewhat happier. It worked a little. Patrick was tickling me, and then I started to cry because I was laughing so hard.

It was Thursday, that meant that it was my last day at Ferndale. I started to cry when I got to school. I saw Patrick, Chris and Mariah standing in the hall and I ran up to them to give them a hug.
“I’m going to miss you guys.” I cried.
“We will miss you too.” Mariah said.
“I promise I’ll call you guys everyday.”
“Ok. Good.” Patrick said with a smile on his face.

It was lunchtime and I remembered to bring my camera to take pictures with everyone. But in the pictures it was mostly Mariah, Patrick, Chris and I. Lunch was over and we went back to class. Time went by so fast. I looked at the clock and their was 10 minutes of class left. Our teacher Mrs. Quinn let us hang out for the last 10 minutes of class. I started talking to Patrick, Chris and Mariah.
“I’m going to miss you Chelsea.” Patrick said.
“I’m going to miss you too Patrick.” I said.
I gave them all a hug and got into my moms car waiting in the school parking lot. I went into my room and finished getting all of my stuff together.

I went to the door and saw them and gave them both a hug.
“Im going to miss you guys.” I said
“Call me tomorrow.” Patrick said.
“Ok.” I said then started crying.
As we drive away I see them getting smaller and smaller.