Be Grateful With What You Are Provided With | Teen Ink

Be Grateful With What You Are Provided With

November 20, 2014
By Munawara SILVER, Houston, Texas
Munawara SILVER, Houston, Texas
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Better days are coming! <3


Grateful! Grateful! Grateful! As much I say this word I feel superior. I am grateful to everyone around me which includes my parents, my friends, my family, books and of course my God! Yes, I am grateful to him. I am grateful to him because he made me faultless. When I wake up early in the morning and open my eyes, a phrase known as “Thank you, God” comes out of my mouth. I say this word because I am thankful that he opened my eyes. I see lots of people everyday who don’t even have eyes, they are sightless! Then I get dressed up for school. I feel fortunate that I have clothes to dress up for school. As I sit and munch my breakfast, I feel blessed because at least I get to eat. I have seen a lot of kids who are not even blessed with a glass of milk. Then I depart for school. At this moment, I feel so blessed, I feel so lucky, I feel special! I feel the happiness for going to school because there are so many people who aren’t even blessed with education. So, looking at all the luxuries that I have been provided with I feel so special and grateful to God. I try to tell people not to throw away their food. If they don’t want to eat it they can give it to someone else so they could eat it. It is better to eat it than to waste it. The main reason which I think, have caused this is because the people have been given additional. I have always heard my mother say,” The more you give to a person, the less they give respect to it.” I see a lot of kids using their gadgets, that’s okay I don’t even want to know what they are using but at least they could use some respect and not boast. It’s really happy for them to use their phones but what about the people who don’t even have phones? People are wasting their money by buying expensive cars and expensive phones. They don’t understand that the car which is a model of Ferrari or a car which is model of Honda, works the same. It’s just a difference of models, the color or the appearance. The car has to move no matter what size, color or shape it has. What about the phones then? Whether it is a Nokia cell phone or an iPhone 6+ it has to work. I mean you can receive calls, text messages and click photos from Nokia too! You can’t find all the happiness in the humankind. I mean some happiness or some luxuries have to be taken away from you. Its nature! You cry one day but be grateful that you had a bunch of happy days before. It always has been this and it always will be that!  And it constantly is just not you that get sorrow, people shed tears everyday! People are on their last days every day because of starvation, because of poverty, because of having no basic necessaries that are needed to carry on! I am not saying that whatever you do in your life you judge against it with the world. I am just making people realize here that no matter what you wear, how much money you have, how many cars you have and what your appearance is don’t think and be proud of whatever you have! Before buying a thing just think for a moment, is that what you were looking for? Can this resource be cheaper? Is this resource helpful in any way? Questions like this come in my mind every time I buy a thing. I am not saying that I am perfect but I am just giving an example of being responsible and respectful.
I would like to end my debate by requesting my readers to please respect your blessings and use them the right way because you don’t know when God will take them from you.


The author's comments:

I have always heard my mother say,” The more you give to a person, the less they give respect to it.”