Inside the life of an actress | Teen Ink

Inside the life of an actress

By Orchid7 PLATINUM, Plano, Texas
Orchid7 PLATINUM, Plano, Texas

if you are brave enough to say goodbye, life will award you with a new hello!

It was a hot and humid day, the sun schorching my tanned skin. My ash black hair was tied back into a bun, and my makeup was oozing fom my face due to the sweat. Trying to keep my calm, I rushed to the bathroom to wash it all off, and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My messy and curled up hair was falling on my forehead and refusing to stay proper, and the acne on my face was visible due to the faded makeup. I started to freak out by my hideous appearance, and frantically began to search for my compact poweder and eyeliner. I ruffled through the contents of my bag but couldn't find them. I heard my friend, Millie, yelling for me a mile away, and I desperately scampered out of the bathroom. She glared at me and shook her head. I frowned and shrugged, muttering under my breathe. She too began searching for some makeup, but being a tomboy she doesn't carry it around with her. " What I am going to do? The interview is in like 5 minutes!" I said in a panicked tone. She just looked at me dumbly and shugged her shoulders. At that very moment , I saw the interviewer,Jet Deary, walk towads me in a brisk manner. " Ms. Carrie Drake?" he asked with a monotone. " Uh..yeah..hold on I'm almost ready for the interview."  I said with an apologetic tone. He seemed confused." What inteview? You are wanted on stage in 2 minutes. The audience is waiting." he said walking away with a jealous gleam in his eyes. I tuned over to my fiend with my fists clenched."Why am I wanted on stage?" I asked enraged! She had a tensed look in her eye. " Uh..I guess I forgot to tell you.." she replied, her voice trailing off, her eyes distant. I felt like falling on the floor in tears, but I had people wating to see me, and being an actress, the least I could do is give my fans what they want. Without any makeup and a bad hair day, I mached to the stage and gave a motivational speech. After I was done, I looked at my fans and said," Im sorry you had to see me like this. There was some sort of miscommunication." There was a moment of silence, after which they all screamed," Happy birthday Carrie! We love you so much!" together. This was the second time that day when my heart plopped out! I had completely forgotten about my birthday. I clapsed my hand over my mouth in awe as I saw my friend, Millie, smile at me. I ran down the stage and we were locked in an embace, a hug so warm, that it lightens my mood every time I think about it. Now, as I rock in my old creaky chair, watching fans scream and holler, I remember my late friend Millie, because everytime I do, something strange lightens up my day and fills the empty space in my worn out heart.