The Late Proposal | Teen Ink

The Late Proposal

November 14, 2014
By Cecil Ehirindu BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
Cecil Ehirindu BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments


She has always wanted to get married, but she didn’t want to seem too pushy. Julia Carr, beautiful, extraordinary, young, beautiful girl finally gets the day she’s been waiting for.
Matthew Valdez, Julia’s boyfriend, has taken her out for a delightful dinner. They dine and dance having the time of their lives on their perfect night. They arrive home in their apartment and she knew the day she’s been waiting for has finally come. Julia came home waiting for him to propose, but she was disappointed as he came back in the room with a teddy bear in his hand. He kisses her on the cheek, and gives her the teddy bear. Her fueled and boiled up anger comes out as she screams, slaps him and starts crying. She explains how she has been waiting for him to propose to her forever and this is what he does. Matthew tried to explain what was so special about the teddy bear, but she didn’t listen and left the apartment.
The next morning Matthew was driving to work, but got into a tragic car accident and died. They planned his funeral the next week, but Julia didn’t go. All she ever wanted to do was be married and have two kids. In frustration, she ripped the teddy bear up, and was tongue-tied because she found what was so special about the bear. Inside was a very expensive diamond ring and a written note saying “Will you marry me?”


The author's comments:

I don't know I think I read a book and I wrote something similar to that book.