Bullies | Teen Ink

Bullies

By Masonv220 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Masonv220 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Clay was satisfied with the tenth day of his new school. He was only bullied once, compared to his other school where he was bullied for two years. Clay was small for freshman year, he was five feet two inches, but was tough as a tank. He was in many fights before with bullies. As Clay continued to walk home, he noticed a jet black Chrysler 300c following him, stalking him. He didn't worry about it because he thought it was just driving by and it eventually did. The following day he saw no sign of the car walking to school or at school.

Later that day, he had an extracurricular activity after school and sat bored through that. When he stepped out of the warm school into the brisk air he felt a chill run down his spine when he realized the car was coming towards the school from down the road. Clay broke into a jog towards home and didn’t stop until he was half way there and out of breath.

“Oh no” Clay   thought out loud when he realized he was in an alleyway and the car was pulling into it.The car stopped ten feet away from him and four jocks climbed out of the car.

One of them said, “Ready to bleed nerd?” followed by a few snickers from the others. Clay guessed they were from the football team because they looked tough and towered over him. One of them, his name was Travis, pulled out a pocket knife as the others pinned Clay to the wall. Clay almost laughed out load after thinking about how absolutely stupid this was. He had ten perfect days of school without being bullied and he didn’t even see any bullies. But yet he gets in a fight for no reason.

Travis walked forward slowly with the knife, making the tension rise. Clay thought why Travis why?.

Almost as if Travis read his mind he said “I have nothing against you pal, but I work with my friends now.”

Clay then replied “But why are you doing this to me!”

Travis said “Out of hatred, all my life I was bullied and I just can’t control my anger.” After he said that, raging with fury Travis tried to stab Clay but he dodged it and kicked Travis to the ground.

To Clay’s surprise Travis dropped the knife and said “Sorry kid, I didnt mean to hurt you can we just be friends?” As soon as he said that Travis’s friend Chris pulled out a pistol and threatened to shoot Travis if he didn’t continue to hurt Clay. Travis yelled “No, I dont want to hurt anyone!” And at that moment Travis realized he messed up and stumbled back but Chris shot Travis with no hesitation. Clay sat there dumbfounded at what Chris just did.

“NO, why would you shoot him, he did nothing to you!” Clay screamed seething with anger.

“Because he wanted to be friends with you.” Chris said. Clay couldn’t control his anger he ran at chris. Clay threw a punch at chris but he dodged it. Chris tripped Clay and kicked Clay  s chest. Chris continued to kick Clay. Clay tried to scream but his chest was burning and his head was throbbing and he couldn’t get any words out.

The two other boys pulled chris away and they told him something Clay couldn’t hear but he hear the last part which was “Fine but let me finish him off.”

Chris pulled out his pistol again and aimed the sights but Clay   rolled over as chris shot and knocked Chris to the ground but Chris got back up instantly. Clay threw a punch at chris and hit him in the nose, he stumbled back and fell. Chris tried to get back up but Clay   started kicking him and with Clay's last burst of energy he kicked chris until he lost his balance and fell. Chris lay there in the fetal position and Clay assumed he wasnt getting back up anytime soon so he got up and realized the others had ran off. Clay walked over to Travis and winced in pain as he plopped down next to him.

Travis looked at Clay and said “I’m sorr…” Clay heard a gurgling in his chest and he coughed up blood and Clay  knew he would never finish that  sentence.