Friends? | Teen Ink

Friends?

November 18, 2014
By Contos BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Contos BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Here, There, Everywhere: Difference is the Norm! - Matthew Crowe


                                       Friends?
                           

*humph* I am going to tell you a story about how I stood up and became friends with one of the meanest girls in school. 8:15 *ring* *slam* leather chair in the principal's office next to Hailee the chair smelled like sweat “What were you doing on the ground in the middle of the hallway?” said principal Green angrily. “I--I was...um having a bad day.” I stuttered. Oh I am sorry I have not properly introduced myself,my name is Maria Rodriguez and I am going to tell you how all of this happened ,clatter* “hi Maria!” my friend Courtney said excitedly. “I was so excited when I had finished my gym paper!” “Oh I forgot about that I was on a hike and I found a geode I just hope that the teacher does not collect it today”Courtney yelped with excitement. *ring* “Hello my name is Mrs. Kaffy and welcome to detention.” 

 

  “Maria Ann Rodriguez get down here now!” screamed my mom. “Yes?” I said quietly. “You-I-ugh! Goodnight.”

 

  “Ha did you hear that Maria got a detention and grounded by her mom.” said Hailee in a snarky voice. I was so mad at her none of what she said was true but Courtney just told me to just ignore what she said. Then *ring* it all happened , all of my social cred gone,


  8:30am gym: ”Hey Courtney I will meet you in the locker room.” I said, she shook her head yes. I came in about 10min later i should have smelled it the scent of Hailee’s perfume.
*Bam* I landed on my face. “oh that’s gotta hurt” “Oh look at her nose” I heard two girls say. Oh why is Hailee’s perfume a red color? I thought to myself, I touched my nose and “ouch” I exclaimed… I broke my nose! I sat there stunned. 

 

   The next day I came in and of course Hailee was laughing at me that was the last straw, I snapped. “Just stop leave me alone you are so mean to other kids leave everyone alone and just go away!” I screamed. *silence* Then I heard it over the announcements: “Maria Rodriguez please come to the principal's office.” “I want both of you too know that I have called both of your parents and they are now on their way. “Ok” I said.

  “Hi Mrs. Rodriguez and Mrs. Johnson. I want to discus with all of you about what happened.” principle Green said. She went on and on about what had happened between me and Hailee then came the hard part when she said: “Can you and Hailee try to call it a truce or try to be friends?” I blinked “u-um ya I guess?” Hailee and I said together acwordly. We walked out of the room and looked at each other and I said: “I’m sorry I do want to try to be friends.” Then she said “Ya me too do you want to come too my sleepover this weekend? It would be a start.” “Sure.” I said excitedly. That is how one of the meanest girls in my school became one of my best friends weird right? oh I almost forgot that when she came over we cracked open the geode together and we each kept a half for a good memory and not a bad one.