rainbows | Teen Ink

rainbows

By lexicat773 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
lexicat773 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

its funny when I'm loud people tell me to be quiet, but when I'm quiet people ask whats ring with me

*beep*

The final bell of the day rang  with great intensity. Iquickly grabbed my stuff and jostled out the door.As Iwalked down the halls of west side middle school my head looking down over my stuff Iheard the pitter pattering of feet on the tiles disigned in strict orginized patters.Igot to my locker grabed my math book phone and looked aroud for Miley.Iassumed she left so Istarted to walk down the hall
“Britney, Britney!” Miley yelled from behind me about 15 people away
Ilooked behind me saw her and waved as Iwaited for her to catch up to me
“Hi”Miley said with the kind of smile that can make anyone smile even grumpy cat, ”hello” Isay standing straight up and speaking with a british accent we both cracked up. Iopened the big metal school doors and nearly got knocked over by the wind, Ilive in Chicago so im used to a little wind.
“bye Miley see you tomorrow” Isaid walking away
“WAIT”Miley yelled so loud that it probably just woke up a polar bare in Antarctica
“YA?’’ Iexclaim as I walk back to her
“Iwas wondering if in choir you would want to sing classic with me” she said with hope in her eyes
“of course, Ilove that song cant wait’’ Isay slowly walking backwards but the truth was Ireally didn't even know the song. yup, thats me the musical misfit of the school and no one knows it.

As Iwalked home Ifelt the weight of my backpack as Iwalked down the steep, black and rocky path with leaves on both sides surrounding the path like elvis’s sideburns and his face.Istopped in my foot tracks now all Icould hear was the toon of the song no leaves skraping across the pavement, just the song. it was Neil Diamond's, “ Sweet Caroline” and it was my favorite. Ilooked around to see where it was coming from then Isaw it there was a boy on the swing set listing to it on his phone and bobbing his head.
“do Igo over?”Isay to myself
I gasped with excitement
“Iknow!”Isay eyes wide
I throw my back pack down to the ground and reach into the front pocket and grab out a new shiny quarter
head Igo over tails well Idon’t Ithink to myself *clink*.Heads.  
I put the coin back and started to walk over 
“hi”I say my face getting red
“hey”he says back
“ummm Ilike that song one of my favorites” Isay like Iwas asking a question
“mine too hey aren't you britny”he says pointing at me
“yes how do you know me” Isay shockingly
“were in choir and art together” he states
“oh,your Dallas”Isay smacking my my head 
“ya!”he says nodding his head
“cool,umm wanna come over for some cake?” Isay stuttering a little bit 
“shure” he exclaimed standing up off the swing

“mom i’m home!,and I brought a new friend” Iyell at the top of my lungs
“ok ill be right up to meet them”she yells from the basement
I pulled the cake out of the fridge and cut two huge slices out of it
“here you are”Isay sliding the cake across the table on the paper plate
“thanks he says digging in”
suddenly Isat on a wrong button and teeangers in love started to play Inearly ripped my pants trying to take my phone out of my back pocket.
“WAIT!! keep it on Ilove that song” he yelled he started to hum the tune.
“hi!” mom says walking over to dallas to shake his hand
“hello mrs…”he says pausing
“appleseed” she says with a smile from ear to ear while my face it getting hot
“well nice to meet you good by my mom says opening the front door

the next  day I told my friends about my music scene and they laughed me right out of the room I was totally humiliated, Iran right out of the lunch room
*CRASH*
“watch where you're...Dallas!!! ” I say looking up slowly with shame
“hey britney”he says with the biggest smile on his face
“bad day?”he says with a huge hart
“ya”I admit with a tear rolling down my face
“it’s ok, what happened”he says wiping the tear off my face
“my biggest fear came true”I say looking in his eyes

“so your biggest fear came true” he said in the kind of questions depressed reporter kind of tone
“ya and it was terrible I just wanna die”I say blowing my nose and dallas helps me up
we walked outside and a huge double rainbow
“look”he says pointing up
“it’s beautiful and different like you”he says
The End