A Journey into her Life | Teen Ink

A Journey into her Life

November 6, 2014
By Monse Maldonado BRONZE, San Jose, California
Monse Maldonado BRONZE, San Jose, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

PROLOUGE
There was a knife pointing right at me. “What is going on?” I thought I need to move out of the way and fast!!
I arrived to some weird place. “Where Am I?”I voice said, “You will take a journey.” Some unknown person said as stand there in confusion. I was still in my school clothes but with a deep cut on my arm. “What kind of journey?”I said. The voice replied” You will shortly see.”
CHAPTER 1
I hear my mom say, “Valerie you are almost there.” My mommy says in a cute voice as I sadly fall on my face. I instantly cry to show that I am hurt. My mommy quickly picks me up and sees the big bruise on my forehead. Mom tells my dad that I am done practicing for the day.
CHAPTER 2
My parents take me to the school for my first day. Before we went into the car we all toke a picture because mommy said it was an important day. Mommy also bought me a cute shirt with a bow on it so I can wear it. My parents and all the other parents leave because they have other things to do you can tell from the uniforms they both wear. The teacher is nice she let us play and color, I color a flower that I am going to give to my mommy.
I also met a girl named Carol. She shows me here big box of crayons, they have the best colors like “Wild Strawberry” and I really like strawberries so she shares with me.
It is almost the end of fifth grade school. Carol, my other friends, and I are so excited for summer to finally begin.
We plan to go to each others houses and to go to amusement parks together.
CHAPTER 3
The end of summer is almost near but not only for me but for my sibling as well. My older sister, Jennifer is going to go to her third year in high school, she looks very determined. I really hope the best for her because she has taught me so many things in life. “You don’t have to go to the meet up at the school; I mean it’s not that important.” Jennifer said. “I think I will.”
I went to the school still sleepy; they talked about being in middle school and what not.
CHAPTER 4
On the first day of high school Mary, Carol, and I all got ready together. We all had matching dress but in different colors.  The day went by pretty quickly. We only have two classes together, but that is okay.
CHAPTER 5
My college applications are all due tomorrow. Its so hard to do everything. I really hope that I can get a good education.  My SATs were not the best but I think I can still make it. I still remember how my dad would help my sister with her SATs. My sister and I got the same exact score, which everyone thought was really weird.
The admission letters for UCSB and UCLA are today and I am so scared. Once I drive home and see two letters I open the first one. My heart is racing and I can not wait to see. After the first sentence I see that I got in. “I got in!!!!!” I yelled I was so happy. Then I open the second one and find that I got in the other university as well.
My parents both give me a hug the next morning. We talk about which college I should go to but I that I want to go to Santa Barbara.
CHAPTER 6
It is the end of my senior year and I can not believe it. Next year I am going to my dream school and I can not wait. The graduation ceremony is pretty long. There is a party after so Carol, Mary, and I all go. There is a knife near me.
CHAPTER 7: The Present
I wake to see my mom, dad, and sister standing there. They automatically call the doctor. I ask “How long has it been.” They say it’s about 2 hour since the incident.
But I still have a lot of questions.
CHAPTER 8             “I just toke a tour of my life.” I say in confusion. “What do you mean?” my mom said. “I saw this knife pointing at me and then I just left and then I heard a voice say that I am going to take a journey. I didn’t know where I was going though.” I said. “What did you see, like what parts of our life?” I replied “Mostly when I started or ended school.” “I think it is probably from all the stress you had from getting into college and stuff.”My sister said. A nurse came and asked me if I wanted food. She came back with a bowl of soup and crackers. While I was eating I noticed my arm. So I asked “What exactly happened.” my mom said, “After the ceremony you left to go to the party, and then we got a call that you were hurt, by someone else. An intruder came into the party and had a knife so they stabbed you.” “Oh, shot.” I said in surprise. “We are so glad that you woke up.” 
After two days in the hospital I came home with balloons and flowers from everyone. But I still could not believe what happened.
We got a call about the person who stabbed me. They said that our case won and that he would face time in jail, the funny thing was that the person who stabbed me was someone who I never seen in my life, but I wouldn’t want to anyways.