NEW SCHOOL, NEW CRUSHES | Teen Ink

NEW SCHOOL, NEW CRUSHES

October 14, 2014
By Anonymous

Emily's starting her first day at a new school in a new state. Her and her parents are new in the town and she just wants to be invisible this year.

Jordan's starting his first day intriqued by the new girl. He has an embarrassing first impression with her and is motivated to change it.

Lets see where the year leads them

Chapter 1: first days are rough

"EMILY!!! WAKE UP YOUR GONNA BE LATE FOR YOUR FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL!!" My mom yells from downstairs. She knows I hate yelling so why do it? I get up, go brush my teeth, do my morning routine and put on a normal white tee and capris. My mom's waiting for me when I get downstairs with a plate of breakfast. I try to eat to calm my jitters down on the day that awaits me.  I go out of my house and start walking. My parents moved to a house that's pretty close to my school so there's no reason to drive when its a few streets down.
I get here and take my first few steps at a school 2x bigger then my old school. It's okay, no one knows me here I repeat to myself. The first place I go to is the office so I get my schedule. I have first lunch, thank goodness because the jitters processed all my food already. I have two periods then lunch. Off to English we go..... -
That was the longest two periods I've ever had, here I come lunch. Now let me just try to find out where that is. As I'm going through my map a girl comes to me. " Hey! Your new right?"
" Yeah." I say shyly. Does she know me? Oh my god
" Oh well nice to meet you, I'm Samantha but everyone calls me Sammy. What's your name?"
" Emily."
" Nice to meet you Emily, where are you heading now?"
" Lunch actually, but I have no idea where it's at. Can you show me?"
"YAYYYYY", she cheers. " I have lunch too! Follow me."
We walk together at lunch while she talks but I zone out and the gyms and trophies on the walls. We walk in the lunch room and she takes me to her table with her friends. I was actually going to eat lunch in the girls restroom today but this works too. I got introduced to Adam, Dory, and Bryan. They all seem so cool. Dory, Sammy and I go in line and get lunch and get to know each other more when Dory says, "Here comes bratsquad". I turn around and see three girls in mini skirts and purses? " Who are they?" I asked Dory.
" They are the most popular girls in school, everyone is bond from their group." she almost pukes out. I turn away when the lunch lady screams NEXT. I'm the last to walk to their table, I'm s- " OH MY GOD" I scream as food gets all over me. I almost faint as everyone starts laughing around me. The last I remember is Sammy screaming at the guy to tripped and got food all over me saying I'm new and Dory almost dragging me out of the cafeteria.
They took me to the nearest bathroom and one of them gave me a shirt to wear but I don't know who, I'm still too shocked at what just happened. Sammy's rambling on how she wants to stick him in the gut as I say, " guys it was an accident, its okay." " I FEEL BAD THAT THIS HAPPENED ON YOUR FIRST DAY!" I just chuckled. "Who is he anyway?"
" The jock of the jocks, also the brattiest girl's , Bethany Miller, boyfriend. He's hot right?" Dory explains.
" Yes he's good looking but I hope I don't get mixed with that again, I want to be invisible this year."
" Well if something like that happens again, your not going to be" she says as we walk out of the cafeteria.
The rest of the day went okay, some weird looks but not as ,much as expected. I just got out of my elective for the year and was ready to go home and shower. As I start my walk home, I hear someone shout " NEW GIRL!!" I pretend like it wasn't for me and continue walking home.

Chapter 2: sleepless

I wake up the next morning, drowsy as ever. I stayed  up the night before doing all my summer assignments. I fell asleep on my algebra homework. It's okay I have study hall first period, I could do it there. I had no time to eat an actual breakfast because I woke up so late so I grabbed a banana and headed on my way.
I got to the room for study hall and found an table in the back to sit at alone. I put my earphones in and put on my jams and started my math homework. I didn't even get half through problem one when someone tapped me on the shoulder, looking up to see the guys that spilled food on me yesterday. " Hey is this seat taken?" I shook my head no and he sat himself down at he chair across from mine. I was just about to go back to my homework when he asked me what my name was, SERIOUSLY? It's like its a sign not to do my homework. I told him my name and then he started, " look, Emily, I'm so sorry about yesterday. I wasn't trying to pick on you because your new, honest mistake"
" It's all good, accidents happen." I smile. Then I spot his shirt, GAVIN DEGRAW? " Yo, you listen to Gavin? His stuff goes hard!" I exclaim.
" Hell yeah I do. New girl, your pretty cool" Who needs math anyway?
We spent the rest of periods getting to know each other, we actually have a lot of stuff in common. I now have English then lunch. Adam meets me at my locker and we walk together because he has English with me.

Chapter 3: EW IS RIGHT

Adam and I sat down with the group, I decided to bring lunch today to not even be exposed to the experience that happened yesterday. We had a good lunch and I told Sammy about my conversation with Jordan and she said she shipped us???? I half don't know what that means but I guess it's something on us looking good together, haha no Sammy that will never happen. As I'm eating my lunch and Bryan's telling the table a story from science, I slowly find myself thinking about Jordan and I realize I'm looking at him at one point. Was I staring? Thank God he didn't see, well I hope he didn't. Even if he didn't, his girlfriend did, I just got mean mugged.
After lunch, Sammy walks to me to my speech credits class and I go in to find Jordan in there! I immediately think this might just be my favorite class for the semester. He sees me and smiles, I smile back and take a seat in the back. While the teachers going on about what we'll be doing this semester so we earn our credits, I zone out looking at the back of Jordan's head, it's shapped... so.... beautifully.
" HELLO MRS. ZONE ARE YOU WITH US?" The teachers snaps me out of my hopeless daydream about Jordan's head and all eyes in the classroom are now on me.
" Yes sir, I'm here."
" Quit sleeping, next time I'm taking your chair away like they used to do in elementary."
I pick my head up as giggles roam across the room and awkwardly shove my head in the syllabus and pretend I'm reading along so I don't make awkward contact with anyone.
FINALLY. Schools over for the day. I just want to get my stuff and go home. I'm at my locker when I see a shadow in front of me, JORDAN???
" Why hello there, what brings you to my locker?"
" I was on my way out and I saw you and here I am," he says cheerily.
" Well give me a second, let me get my stuff and you can walk me out. Sounds good?"
" Perfect." he goes to get some water and while he's coming back Bethany comes to us, " hi new girl, hey baby".  She kisses him, ew not something Id like to see.
" Hey Beth, I was just-"
" Saying his good-byes to me as I'm about to leave you two alone," I finish for him. " Bye guys. "
I walk really fast outside of school and start my way home just wanting to sleep what I just saw off.

Chapter 4: snores

" SH** IM GONNA BE LATE" I scream as I jump out of bed. NO TIME FOR BREAKFAST, HAVE TO RUN TO SCHOOL. I'm running and tripping numerous times on my own feet. I have five minutes to get to my algebra class. I blame the Criminal Minds marathon that kept me up till 2 last night.  I get in school in the next two minutes and I have three more to get my journal and get to my classroom on the other side. Let's do this.
I run past the group apologizing speedily trying to get my locker, saying ill catch up to them after class. Jordan calls for me when I pass him but I have no time to stop, I scream I'll talk to him after class and hope he hears me. WHY DOES ALGEBRA ALWAYS DO THIS TO ME? YES, perfectly when the bell rang, I sprung in class and spent that period praying my hair wasn't as bad as I felt like it was.
I'm done with algebra for the day and my next period is study hall which I will spend catching up on last nights loss of sleep.

Chapter 5: WHAT

My nap was pretty awesome, I get up and out of study hall for lunch. I guess I'm a little late because the halls are already all empty, so I go to my locker peacefully when Jordan's coming out of the opposite hall, I scream for him and catch up with him.
" Sorry about first period, I couldn't be late to algebra, perfect attendance record."
He chuckled at my nerd side. " It's all good, can't mess that up."
We started walking to lunch when he stops me. " Emily, I have to tell you something."
" What's wrong?" I ask a little scared.
" I don't think I like Bethany. I think I'm falling for someone else."
" Well who is the other girl?"
" You."

Chapter Notes:

see book two for more..


The author's comments:









 







Preferences

 














§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 



 









 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'


















 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 




 



 









alt


















alt









 


 

 

 










 







Preferences