The First Time | Teen Ink

The First Time

October 20, 2014
By Alexis Cluck BRONZE, Platte City, Missouri
Alexis Cluck BRONZE, Platte City, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

They decided to sneak out and hang out at the park. So Lacey told Scott, her friend she was skyping, what she was doing. He disagreed, but didn’t fight, and he let her go.
Lacey walked past her parents room and looked down the closed door to make sure the light was off, to make sure that they were asleep. After that, She walked very quietly out of the back door and started to walk to the park. The walk through the woods to get through the park at night was horrifying. Every noise Lacey heard made her jump.
She walked out of the woods and saw him sitting on top of the play set at the park. She walked to him and shined her cell phone light at him to make sure that it was him. He smiled at hey. “Hey,” he said. “I thought you would be taller,” Lacey said, and then giggled. They talked for a bit and then Tommy asked her if she wanted to go lay in the grass and look at the stars. Out of nowhere, he asked her if she wanted to play truth or dare. She smiled and said sure.
“Truth or dare?”  Tommy asked. “Dare.” Lacey replied. “I dare you to scoot closer to me,” Tommy dared. Lacey scooched closer to him and smiled. “Truth or dare?” She asked. “Dare.” “I dare you to put your arm around me.” Tommy did so and asked, “Truth or dareThis was just an average Summer night for 14 year old Lacey. She wasn’t expecting much as she skyped her long time friend Scott and scrolled through Facebook. When Suddenly, someone she didn’t really know commented on her status about having an end of summer party. It was Tommy, a guy two grades ahead of her, who she had always thought was cute.
She decided to message Tommy and say hey. He and Lacey talked for a bit. She then found out that he was staying the night with a friend in the same neighborhood as her. ?”
“Dare.” “I dare you to tell me what you’re thinking about.” Lacey smiled and hesitated. “I’m thinking about kissing you.” Lacey replied.
He smiled lightly and leaned in closer to her. The next thing she knew, her lips were on his. She felt so alive. Everything hit her at once. This was the first time she had ever snuck out, and she was kissing a boy two grades ahead of her.
After a few seconds he pulled away. “Wanna hang out tomorrow?” He asked. “Sure,” She replied, trying not to sound too eager. “Ill give you a ride home,” he said. Lacey smiled. “Alright,” she said.
The car ride to her house was fairly silent. She showed him her house and he stopped the car. They looked at eachother and leaned in for another kiss. Then, Lacey got out of the car and walked to the back of her house and walked in, walked to her room, and climbed in bed. And as she was falling asleep, she couldnt help but smile.
 


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece for an honors english 2 assignment