The Widow | Teen Ink

The Widow

October 19, 2014
By RayRay200 BRONZE, Pearl, Mississippi
RayRay200 BRONZE, Pearl, Mississippi
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"But I mean......"


The clock struck nine, as the old lady came in the door and made her way to the bar. She sat down on a stool at the end of the bar in a shady coner. I was already pouring her usual drink before she could say in her quiet soft voice, "Scotch on the rocks." I slid the glass in front of her before I moved on to my next customer.
     As I wiped the counter, I looked back to the old lady and her untouched drink. Her eyes were colorless as she sat there staring into space with a blank look on her pale wrinkled face. She was wearing her usual outfit, a black mink coat with a big black hat that took over her whole entire head. The only color on her was her jewlery.
     She wore atleast fifteen necklaces around her neck, all diffent lenths and colors, each holding different jewls: rubies,diamonds, and emeralds. Her ears held medium sized pearls that looked freshly polished. Each of her fingers were lined with rings, two on each finger. I could not firgure out why she always wore so much jewelry to the bar.
     As the clock turned to midnight she put a twenty down on the counter, and left the bar leaving the still untouched drink on the counter. I picked up the money, abd as I started cleaning the glass I was left wondering about the old women until next Thrusday.
     After Rosa left the bar she walked the two blocks back to her small apartment. As soon as she was in the apartment she took off her mink coat and hung it in the hall closet. Then,her black hat,which she placed in a box inside the closet, until next Thursday. Afterterwards she went into her bedroom and one by one took off all the jewelry he had ever given her.  She sat down on the edge of her bed and picked up the picture frame, on her nightstand, that held the only thing left of the love of her life.


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences