One Day The World Stopped Turning | Teen Ink

One Day The World Stopped Turning

December 18, 2008
By Anonymous

One Day The World Stopped Turning





It was Friday and I was glad to see it come. My parents left the house one week ago and wouldn’t be back until next Friday. My brother Tanner and I were left home so we could still go to school. I was 17 years old and Tanner was 15. Our parents knew we wouldn’t do any thing they wouldn’t approve of so they left us home.

The Friday before they were do home was different from other Fridays. My brother Tanner was home sick and our parents didn’t know about it yet. Earlier that morning before school Tanner started to get sick. I tried to get him to go, but after a few minutes I could tell he was really sick. I told him he could stay home and I would be back after school.

After school that day one of Tanner’s best friends walked home with me. He lived two houses up, but I didn’t talk to him. Since our house was five blocks away from the school we walked home everyday. School let out at 3:00 but we got home at 3:20.

As I got to the sidewalk in front of my house I notices the front door was opened. Tanner’s friend asked me if I wanted him to stick around, but I told him to go home. In my head at that time I started thinking about why the door was opened. Tanner never wanted the door opened, but I went inside anyways. As I pushed the door the rest of the way opened I could see blood everywhere. When I saw the blood I knew something was wrong.

I walked into the kitchen and found a blood trail. It leaded into the back living room where I found Tanner’s body covered in blood. As I got closer I could see he had been stabbed multiple times in the chest. After looking at the body for a few minutes I wiped the tears from my eyes and ran next door. Evan my next door neighbor called the police.

Within thirty minutes police officers and corner people took over the house. I stood next to Evan outside waiting for them the bring Tanner’s body out. After an hour of waiting they rolled Tanner’s lifeless body out. When I saw it I started to cry unstoppable. After the body was out of site I started to think about what was going to happen. Then I remembered my parents where on vacation and they were going to get a call saying their son had been murdered.

Later that night my parents came to the police station to pick me up and find out what happened to there son. I could tell from where I was setting they had been crying. One hour after they came in I got to leave, but first they wanted to see the body. When we all entered the office they had Tanner’s body lying on the table.

They had washed the blood off and you could see all the stab wounds to his chest. After viewing the body of their son, my brother and our best friend we went to a hotel for the night. They didn’t want us to go home yet because they need the house to stay the way it is. They also told us it would be about five days before they would started the clean up on the blood.

The next day my parents went to work so they could clear their minds about what was going on. While they went to work I stayed at the hotel. Later that morning I got board so I took a walk to Evan’s house. When I got to his house I knocked on his door and waited for him to answer. On the second knock the door flow open. When he saw it was me he came outside. Evan looked at me and said, “You want to talk about what happened.”

We sat on his front porch for almost five hours talking about Tanner. When I got done talking I walked next door and looked at the blood stains on the floor from Tanner. As I stood there looking at the blood it felt like Tanner was there with me and I wish he was. Before I left Evan walked up behind me and said, “I’m going to miss that kid.”
I looked back at him and said, “He was not my brother he was my best friend.”
After the nice long talk I told Evan I had to leave. I beat my parent’s home, but when they came in they had a bag of new clothes. I asked them what the clothes where for and they told me that we had to go to the corners office and drop them off of Tanner. After dropping the clothes off the people working there told us the viewing would be tomorrow. My hart stopped now I knew I would have to say by for ever.

Before my parents left the room they went over to him and put their hands on him. When I saw them walking away I walked over to him and put my hand on him. His body was cold and stiff. It did feel like him, but that because he was no longer in the body. Deep down I felt good because I knew he was not in any pain now. Plus the longer I looked at the body it looked like he had a smile on his face.

The next day at the hotel we all woke up and started getting ready for the viewing. As I got a shower I started thinking about how much pain it was going to be seeing the body for one last time. After the nice hot refreshing shower I put my suite on. Within the next hour we had to be at the funeral home for the opening. We had to be there before the people so we could see that everything is the way it is suppose to be.
At 10:00am people started poring in to see Tanner. Inside I saw a lot of people from school. Some of the people I saw were teachers and friends. A few of the people put something in the casket that Tanner liked to do. At the end of the viewing I was the last one to see him. When I looked down at him I said, “Good by friend rest in peace.”
After the whole thing was over we went back the hotel room. Now the next day was the day Tanner would go into he ground and nobody would every see the body again. The next morning we met everyone again at the graveyard. People took sets around the casket and waited for the guy to read from the bible. When the guy started everyone was crying and so was I. When the guy stopped reading the casket started to move slowly down into the ground. As it disappeared under ground I fell to the ground crying. I dad pulled me to my feet and we went home.

The next day we went to look for a new house. My parents said they could stay in the house anymore. We found a house two blocks from the old one.