I Miss You | Teen Ink

I Miss You

December 26, 2008
By Anonymous

As days go by I lose my faith in you. I've waited now as long as I can. I am going out of my mind. We haven't spoken for three years. All my patience is gone. I don't want to sit here any longer not knowing. Are you ok? I don't know. I'm not even sure where you are. I know that you're in danger everyday though. I hear the others you've left here, crying behind closed doors. My tears are in anger. When you left you never said goodbye. None of us knew you were even leaving. I suppose we could have guessed. You mentioned it the year before you left, but no one took you seriously. Now you're gone. You wrote us the first week and then nothing. Are you still alive? Are you in pain? I run to my room and slam the door shut. You belong here with us. I slam my fist against the wall. Why did you want to leave? I slam my fists again. Do you not love us anymore? I throw my fists at the wall with all my strength then burst into tears. Could it be true? Do you really not love us? Is that why you left? I slide down the wall and pull my knees to my chest as I sit on the floor. Did you even think about us when you were leaving? I look at my knuckles-they're bleeding. Are you bleeding daddy? Are you ok? I wrap my arms around my knees and rest my head on them. My anger has turned into sorrow. My fury to worry. Please come home. Please let the war end so my daddy may come home. I stretch across the floor, my carpet now soaked with tears. I realize how much I miss you!