Day 3 | Teen Ink

Day 3

December 26, 2008
By Anonymous

I was stranded. I didn't want to admit it but I was stranded. Everywhere I turned there was cactus, hungry animals, and no necessities. I've been here for three days now. It feels so much like four weeks, but I know better. I keep walking in circles trying to figure out where I am supposed to go. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my camera crew. We were supposed to be doing a documentary on the lion species. But when they left they took my gear so now i am stuck here in the hot African desert with no gear and no food or water. I haven't even seen a lion yet. A loud growl then sneaked up behind me. I spoke to soon. As I turned around the big adult alpha of the pack was crouched about to leap and attack his prey. I was the prey! I stood star struck not knowing what to do. Just wishing this was a dream. Then all of a sudden the alpha jumped past me and hit a near by zebra paralyzing it so they could eat the remains. I was dazzeled! Never in my whole carrer had I witnessed this kind of activity from lions themselves! I then heard a loud honk. Stopping behind me was my camera crew. They had been following the pack for more than 200 miles now.I slowly backed away from the hungry alerted lion pack and headed toward the jeep. I had just witnessed the most amazing thing in my whole entire life! And i also lived through it! This is a story going strait to the books!