5 Seconds of Summer and an Eternity of Bereavement | Teen Ink

5 Seconds of Summer and an Eternity of Bereavement

August 26, 2014
By GraffitiQueen BRONZE, Ganemulla, Other
GraffitiQueen BRONZE, Ganemulla, Other
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

As I was walking to school in the morning an unfamiliar sense of isolation crept over me, piercing my soul, tearing my heart apart with the finest of its daggers. Beneath all this a familiar feeling was surging its way to the core of my heart ringing calls of pre-due warning. Then as shimmering chandelier would crash into countless bits on to a granite floor so did the waves of ringing alarms with a kaleidoscope of memories tumbling from its hidden corners. Back then this all was only a mirage. As I stopped to stare around, it brought to my attention strangely the environment herself was brooding whispering songs of soft melancholy to the still wind. The world had stopped to stare with its sympathetic eyes at me. The wild trees bore ivy clinging on to them knotted, twisted and beguiling. The motionless wind felt humid against my cheek amidst my freshness. Yet why??? My mind drifted and my soul wafted to the many years I had carefully packed behind in a old kit bag in the deepest corner of my heart and tried to smile smile smile ... Something so beautiful, so precious, so fragile, something that could be gifted in life never again. This was the very place not me, but we as kindergartens played in the wilderness of our childhood. Those incomparable days of pure bliss, when everything was so less complicated. How cruelly god had to take her back along with our eternal friendship. Just inches from where my empty body was the place where I dreaded to go past twelve years since then. The one place where she breathed her last breaths her warm blood pouring on to me soaking through my clothes I will never forget those last looks of farewell, those last grips of her hand those, finally those pulses of her heart and most of all that beautiful face. Presently lying beneath the solitary earth with the first summer rays hitting her marble tomb. I felt myself moving towards it, attracted if I should be precise. I softly trace my shaking fingers over the pretty angle beside her tomb. Between those sharp carvings I still feel her green eyes looking deep into mine. Her warm smile melting away my heart like chocolate, the feel of her fingers entwining around mine, the final beats of her heart and the last sigh of freedom as she left the world into a paradise of eternal sleep. They say that god never takes anything from you without the intention of replacing it with something better but mine was never replaced…