The Color Blue | Teen Ink

The Color Blue

I read once that the color blue was considered an old friend, and dark blue is somewhat sad. But when I see the color blue I don’t think “Hey, that’s my old friend!” No I just think that is just another color in the rainbow. I guess some person in the world gave the colors emotions and all that, I also bet that this same person came up with synonyms. Doesn’t that person realize that it’s more work for everyone!? But I’m getting off track now… I might as well get along with my story and start with my name and that is Hope, the name’s the meaning it’s simple, but I don’t care. Of coarse there are never any pencils that have my name on it at CVS. But what can I do, I didn’t pick it my parents did.

I guess you could call my story a simple one, I mean I m a average kid. That’s always happens on TV shows though there average people until something out of the ordinary happens like they get spidy powers or I become half human half ghost. So I’m still waiting for something like that to happen to me. Or have a murder mystery happen that would be cool. I’d be like Nancy Drew or something. Maybe I’m a witch or something and my parents didn’t tell me. Like Harry Potter or Sabrina the Teenage witch. Another thing you should know about me is that I go on the computer too much, and I get distracted easily…

***

In the middle of my Social Studies class, the secretary called down one of the more popular kids down to the office to get something. Some of her friends (that were sitting right next to me,) started to freak out. Saying things like “Do you seriously think that she got in!?” Then I got it she was accepted to a better school an exclusive private school, the ones that you have to apply to. When one of girls said Do you think is THE letter?” someone said “NO! Not THE letter!” our social studies teacher probably thought that was funny and he broke into a laughing fit. Then the girl walked to the classroom door jumping up and down pointing at the letter trough the window. The other girls started to squeal. She tried to open the door pulling down on the leaver a couple of times as our teacher started to laugh harder and harder at his desk and after ten seconds he walked over and let the girl in., and she glared at him.

She began to open the envelope, and just after Mr. Monroe began to get back to teaching the girl got up on her chair to make an announcement.

“I am going to be in a movie….” She started, as her friends were trying to read the letter off of her desk. “AND…. If the movie does well in the box office then it will become a TV show on Disney Channel!!!” Her friends started to clap and everyone else followed. Then the somewhat scary part came next, she turned her head and stared directly at me. “We need EVERYONE’S support…” she turned away from me. I whispered to myself… “All the luck goes to people with agents…” The teacher glared at her and then at me. “HOPE! PAY ATTETION to Antarctica, There is going to be a Quiz!!” Everyone groaned and for the rest of the period life went back to normal, with no Disney, no secret letters, no glares, just Antarctica. Good old Antarctica… Just Blue and White…

***

on Jan. 6 2012 at 4:14 pm
Pinkslip BRONZE, GreasersRule, Oklahoma

"Parents aren't interested in justice, but peace and quiet,"
-Bill Cosby

what do those symbols mean?! i see them in soo many storys and now there in ur comment! it makes no sense? does it mean something else but like u can tpost it or wht? please get back to me :) Thanks :)

sonJaNae said...
on Dec. 11 2011 at 9:40 pm
sonJaNae, Fort Wainwright, Alaska

"No one can change a person, but someone can be a person's reason to change" -Spongebob Squarepants

Really Nice!!! A mix of things that kept me on edge! I loved it :D It would be great if you could check out my work! Any comments or ratings would be very appreciated!!

Blue Eyes said...
on Dec. 31 2008 at 7:38 am
wow, that was a really cool story! I â™Â¥ the colour blue. Keep writing! You're doing AMAZING!