Stormy Night | Teen Ink

Stormy Night

A lone shed, a large, rundown house, and a cornfield on each side of the road. These are the only things in sight as you make your way down the long and winding country roads. The smell of rain is as strong as ever. As black clouds roll overhead, it’s only minutes until the already gloomy night turns into a raging storm. The full moon, visible only through the clouds, is the only thing guiding you. Your hands tightly grip the smooth steering wheel of your car. Your stomach tightens as you realize you aren’t going to make it back to town before it starts. Straining your eyes to see through the dust-covered windshield, you hear the first blow. Thunder booms as loud as a herd of running buffalo, lighting appears soon after with the brightness of a thousand lights. Your fear gets the best of you as you press the gas pedal to the floor, hoping to get out of this mess when you notice it. Complete silence. The roaring thunder has stopped, the rain is now just a light sprinkle, and the lighting has disappeared. You look out your windows to find you’ve done it, the sun beginning to stretch over the horizon. The sky is a beautiful mix of purples and blues, and present just above the sun, is a perfect double rainbow; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and purple. You quickly say a prayer of thanks as you drive into the sunrise to begin a new day.

sonJaNae said...
on Dec. 11 2011 at 9:42 pm
sonJaNae, Fort Wainwright, Alaska

"No one can change a person, but someone can be a person's reason to change" -Spongebob Squarepants

Really Nice!!! A mix of things that kept me on edge! I loved it :D It would be great if you could check out my work! Any comments or ratings would be very appreciated!!