The Little Bird Who Thought He Couldnt | Teen Ink

The Little Bird Who Thought He Couldnt

September 2, 2014
By The1OriginalMD BRONZE, Southfield, Michigan
The1OriginalMD BRONZE, Southfield, Michigan
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A mind is a terrible thing to waste" is the motto of (The United Negro College Fund)


Son are you ready.  “Ready for what daddy” said   the little bird basking in the bright fluorescent sun. Dad replied “its time to fly” fly repeated the little bird “it can’t be time already. When what how. No, I am not ready shouted the little bird.” Calmingly the daddy bird said “come there is nothing to worry about you’ve had two years of training and now is the time to fly.

The little bird gulped and said ok ill try. He then stepped to the little plat -form took one look down and ran back in to the nest under his blanket. Scared and frightened the little bird peeked from under his blanket only to find his dad standing above him. His dad said “please try again; I know you can do it.”

But I cant I can’t repeated the little bird until his mother landed gracefully in the nest. With a puzzled and worried look on her face she asked what’s wrong dad said “he doesn’t want to fly.” So the mother carefully picked him up and sat him at the edge of the nest and said “just jump and spread your wings, please.”

He said ok and leaped as far and high as he could. But something was wrong. The little bird wasn’t going up he was going down. Screaming for his life the little bird opened his wings and went up like a rocket going to space.

He yelled “I did it!” he successfully returned to the nest and his dad and mom both said aren’t you glad.

 

Moral of the story:  Always try new things and don’t give up!


The author's comments:

I know this sounds  babbyish but the important part is the moral to the story.