Is She Okay...? Part 1 | Teen Ink

Is She Okay...? Part 1

August 10, 2014
By SourStrawberries SILVER, Round Rock, Texas
SourStrawberries SILVER, Round Rock, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
-Love makes a person powerful more than you would have never known. <3 :)....
-Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get:)
-Sometimes if you love something so much.... you have to let it go.
-"Lets' get chineses eyes man"


"I don't want to look at your stupid face!!" and
"You're dead to me!" Sandy's father said to her... Not mentioning other hurtful comments. It has been a couple weeks, since her father had said those wretched, horrifying, scarring things to her. Sandy now lives with her with her best friend Allie, Allies brother Timmy, and of coarse Allies' parents. They had taken Legal Guardian-Ship of her, and future plans to adopt. Allie is honestly really like a sister to Sandy, and Allie tries to be there for her.
Ever since the giant conflict with her father Tom, she hasn't been exactly herself. Debbie, Sandys' new mom has attempted taking with her, yet Sandy holds back, too frightened to let it out. Sandy has never been so crushed, scared, and confused. She doesn't know who to believe... she's lost trust. This wasn't the first traumatic change in her life.
Since losing both parents, first her mother not being a mom, ruining her body with drugs, and frankly various incidents of abuse, thankfully Sandy was kicked out. Then the problem with her father, she just feels out of place, unwanted, and invisible. She tries acting as if nothing's wrong, yet she has just stayed strong so long. Sandy just feels like she is going to Burst inside and Break! Sandys' best friend's Allie and Bella always question whether she is okay or not. But Sandy is just so bewildered and dumbfounded on how to answer, because she's so confused and doesn't know anymore... Finally, one day, Sandy walked up to Debbie with Allie, Sandy nervously and hesitantly said, "...I Need Help, I'm Lost...I don't feel as if i'm actually on this planet anymore." They had a very serious discussion, and Debbie realized herself, Sandy is crying out for help.
Even now, Sandy can't help but to wonder, " Can anyone even help me, yet if i don't even know how to help myself?" All she hopes is she can stay strong for just that little while longer.


The author's comments:
to be continued.