My girl | Teen Ink

My girl

By TanayaSid BRONZE, Dhaka, Other
TanayaSid BRONZE, Dhaka, Other

She came to me running and asked me to play. I couldn't hear anything but understood what she said. We started to play. I fell down she started to cry. I got up she got happy again. I looked into her eyes. I could read everything she wants to say but I can’t hear.
No I am not deaf, neither was I deaf before. But she was the one who was unable to speak. Her mentality was not the same as mine. She was really great. She had a super power-Autism. But I was just an ordinary girl.
I was a girl only of 5 years old who had no school friends. As I was a little lazy and not a good student, no kid of my age talked to me. I only had one friend, that sweet girl.
Everyone was sad because of her disease, which to me is not a disease but a special power. If such special child was so sweet then I prefer to be like her instead of being like the other kids who never talked to me only for my low grades.
Everyone says she has no feelings. But to me she is a super girl with powers to spread happiness.
Now I am 15. I don't know where she is right now. But wherever she is I'm pretty sure she's spreading love and happiness just like she used to make me happy when I was a kid.
Now I have lots of friends. But I can never forget the young angel, the sweet girl, my girl, Tanisha.

Inspired by my own project on autism