Into The Night | Teen Ink

Into The Night

By nprunner11 BRONZE, North Platte, Nebraska
nprunner11 BRONZE, North Platte, Nebraska

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one will go."
"Live life with no regrets"

I looked down the alley in horror of what I was witnessing. A figure was looming over the shivering body of women. She looked as if she were about to scream, but nothing came out but a silent little whimper of terror. I remember hearing her cry softly” please don’t hurt me” over and over again. But the figure just lifted his arm, revealing a deadly looking dagger. I let out a little yelp and covered my mouth with my hand, scolding myself for my stupidity. But it was too late, he dropped his arm slowly, his body tensing as he whirled his head right in my direction. He stared right at me with his cool, deadly dark eyes that glimmered in the moonlight he flashed a deadly cunning grin right at me and brought the dagger down in one fast quick motion. A chill went down my spine as I heard the woman let out one last staggered breath. The man came walking towards me in a quick steady pace. I felt as if I was paralyzed. It felt as if I were a deer caught in headlights. But then something kicked in and I turned and ran. I had to get out of here. I couldn’t allow him to catch me. I had never been much of an athlete, but by some miracle I was running as fast as a cheetah. The wind stung my face as I charged into it. I ran practically blindly with only a little sliver of the moon for light. I finally stopped gasping for air and breathing in each breath as if it was my last. My mind replayed everything. It all seemed surreal. But I knew that what I had witnessed was actually real. I started to walk knowing that I was only a few blocks away from home I walked slowly. But then I froze. The sound of heavy footsteps came up from behind me and I started to run. But as I speed up so did the footsteps. He came speeding towards me and knocked me right off my feet. He pinned me to the ground and put his hand over my mouth to muffle my scream. The last thing I ever remember was the smell of his sweat mixed with the smell of blood, his body shaking from exhaustion , I remember the dark eyes looking down on me. And then then he licked his lips kissed me on the lips. He looked me in the eye and whispered in a calm, deep steady voice “are you ready to die?”