Today | Teen Ink

Today

May 28, 2014
By Andalution SILVER, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
Andalution SILVER, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The bright lights shone off his long, thick hair; he had to make a conscious effort to not squint at their intensity. His face reflected the crowds’ smiles; his white teeth flashed against his tanned skin. The host waited for him with Miami Barbie lipstick and pasty foundation glued on her face.

“Hello, and thanks for joining us today,” she said. They shook hands; he gripped her hand a little too tight. Fear flashed momentarily across her face, but she quickly recovered.

They sat down in their respective chairs, and the applause died down.

“So, we’ve tried to get you on this show for a very long time.”

“What can I say? I keep a full schedule. Plus, I can’t go anywhere without people worshiping me.”

She cleared her throat uncomfortably. “So why come now?”

“Everyone thinks I’m white! Do I look white to you?”

“No, you do not… So, we here at the OWN Channel love your boho style. Will you be making your own clothing line?”

“Why do you cover up your wrinkles? We gifted them to you.” Jesus stood up. “Thank you for your time,” he said, bowing to the camera before walking off the stage.


The author's comments:
What would Jesus actually think of what we're doing today?