Dear Diary Depression | Teen Ink

Dear Diary Depression

By thatcrazydiva_13 BRONZE, Plymouth, Michigan
thatcrazydiva_13 BRONZE, Plymouth, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"I find it funny how everyone loves each other but no one really likes each other." ~Perks of Being Wallflower

I’m worried about her.
My friend, that is.
Her name is Annabeth but I just call her Annie.
Lets just say that ever since I’ve met her she’s been, well, depressed. I knew she was, I stopped her from making the biggest mistake of her life: cutting. I hate that word, so much. It’s just hard to think about, well, because I too was a cutter. And I had chronic depression. Look it was along time ago and I don’t like to talk about it so I’m just going to drop it. Ok? But I’m not the only one worried. My friend Miranda texted me the other day…
“Hey Marilyn.” Miranda texted me.
“Hey, what’s up?” I texted back.
I knew she was going to bring up Annie because, they were best friends but lately they’ve been fighting. And Miranda knows about her depression, Annie doesn’t know she knows though…
“It’s Annie,” she texted (see I told you),”I know what’s wrong with her. You do too, but I’m worried. She doesn’t know that I know. She’s ignoring me and talking about and I just cant take it anymore. Really, I’ve tried and tried to at least talk to her but she doesn’t give a crap. “
One thing I’ve noticed is that its easy for people to open up to me and when they do I always keep their secrets.
“Mhmm, I’ve seen. Sucks.” And sometimes I don’t know what to say.
“I’m just done, done with everything pretty much.”
“You don’t need to worry about her though.”
“But I can’t see her like this. She’s been hiding this from me and I’m just so frustrated. She needs to talk to someone now before it gets bad.”
“I know I know she does.”
“I cant talk to her about it because she will get pissed considering I’m not supposed to know. She wouldn’t listen anyways.”
“I know what you mean, but I’ve dealt with people like Annie before. She wont go far as long as she feels loved.”
“Yes. Exactly.”
“But I’ll keep you posted in case anything ‘bad’ happens. And if it does I’ll tell you and well go get her some real help.”
“And what pisses me off is Ethan isn’t her whole world. If he breaks up with her its not the end of the world. She’s pretty not ugly she will find another guy.”
All I was thinking the was
Oh s***
Ethan was someone I dated and that Annie is now dating. I’m not going to get into detail but lets just say it didn’t well and I loved him. A lot. Like I’m still not over him.
“She doesn’t think that, trust me.”
Well she better not think that considering we’ve already talked about this.
“Well she…idk.”
“She may act like that but trust me, she knows the truth.”
“Ok I understand.”
And that’s where our conversation ended for the day. I knew I wouldn’t get any sleep that night. Id be to busy worrying and even worse,
Thinking about the past…

With Love,

Marilyn<3

I did this piece because I have a lot of depressed friends and I want more people to know how horrible it is to watch a friend go through.