Marcus | Teen Ink

Marcus

April 29, 2014
By Thomas McDonald SILVER, Centerville, Iowa
Thomas McDonald SILVER, Centerville, Iowa
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Today I walked out of my door and saw all the hate and and crime and war that Mrs. G was telling us about. I saw people shooting at people and killing each other. Just because they were a different color or race. I seen the drugs and pills that were being sold. I saw the hate that everybody had towards each other. For the first time ever, I saw the reality of what was going on right in front of me every day of my life. All the bad stuff that happens had become a part of my life. It all became intertwined with my and all of our lives. I never realized how bad it was until I shut my eyes and then opened them and rely saw what it was like. I tried to shut my eyes again and picture a different place. A place where everybody gets along and nobody kills. A place where nobody hates somebody just because their skin is a different color or because they come from a different part of the world or because their religion is different form theirs. I want to go to a place where there is peace and I can walk down the street without having to fear for my life. I am going to graduate high school and then go to college so I can get out of the hood. And move to a place like that were I can live to be old instead of live to be 18 or 20.