Shaking | Teen Ink

Shaking

By Natalie Corey BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
Natalie Corey BRONZE, Sandy, Utah

I paced around the empty room slightly trying to stop myself from shaking. Why am I shaking? Stop shaking dammit. But as I held my hand at eye level my fingers trembled. Dragging my heavy deass around as I paced left me short of breathe so I sat down.

The room was strewn with random items of clothing that belonged to the 4 girls that had been here moments before. I smiled as I remembered Natalya getting stuck in her shirt in her hurry to get changed.

I was pulled abruptly out of my memory by a knock on the door. I nearly jumped out of my skin. I walked up to the door and without opening it and asked, "who's there?"

"its me" said a voice that had danced in and out of my dreams for the past five years.

I opened the door but continued to hide behind it determined to keep the way I look a surprise. "what do you think you're doing here mister?"
"I couldn't help myself." Luke's large hand slipped through the Crack in the door and I took it smiling.

"your hand is shaking." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"So is the rest of me." I let out a nervously breathy laugh.

I head a deep quiet laugh from the other side of the door. "do you remember the first time we kissed?"

I couldn't help but smile "yeah I do."
"I had escaped my house and driven quickly to yours and when you opened the door you pulled me in and hugged me."

"and I was shaking. I was so nervous and you said 'you're shaking' and you laughed."

" it was cute" Luke squeezed my hand tighter. "but your shaky hand just reminded me of that." and I squeezed his hand even tighter.
Before I could say anything else I heard a very loud "LUCAS WHAT DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING."

Both him and I laughed before he said "ready?"

"ready. " with one last squeeze he pulled his hand away. From the other side of the door I could hear Natalya scolding him. I smiled.