Melody's Story | Teen Ink

Melody's Story

By Awesomewriter123 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Awesomewriter123 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

Dreams
Dreams aren't what you leave behind when morning comes
They are the stuff that fill your every living moment.

Have you ever tried to fit in with your classmates? Well Melody has, from third grade to seventh grade Melody was bullied because of her name even from her friends. This is her story of being bullied.

It was the first day of fifth grade Melody was lining up with her classmates going from art they were just waiting for the bell the art teacher called people to help clean up a mess that someone made. She volunteered and walked over there, when someone hit her in the back of the head with a clipboard when she turned around the rest of the line was laughing Melody saw Jessica with a clipboard she was snickering and laughing and pointing at her. Melody felt tears coming to her eyes but she blinked them away and went to go help clean. Jessica was always a bully to everyone but she always picked on Melody like she is a an ugly bug.
"Hey meatloaf, you have something on your shirt oh my mistake that's your outfit," snickered Jessica and her friends just laughed like it was a good joke. Melody just buried her face in her brown locks and ate.
Next year started middle school Melody thought that this year is going to be different but she thought wrong she got to her locker. She found out that she is next to Jessica and that meant that there's a mob at her locker. When Melody finally got through to her locker after getting through a throng of people. Jessica just snickered and said
“Hey everybody it seems like Melody wants to fit in with us.”
"No, Jessica this is my locker so u and I will be next door neighbors for the whole year!." said Melody everyone just stared at her with bulging eyes waiting for Jessica to do something because a nobody just stood up to the most popular girl in the grade.
"What did u say meatloaf? I thought I heard you speak but no it was just the wind." Jessica said as it the bell rang Jessica just shoved Melody into her locker and whispered loser to Melody before she sashayed down the hallway.
"That was brave of you to speak up against Jessica." said some voice as Melody was getting her things out of her locker. She turned around to see a football jock that is so cute his name is Brandon.
"Thanks, Brandon" said Melody blushing more red than pink. He nodded and left for class.

When it was lunch like usual Melody sat alone and Jessica calling her names the next table over. Melody notice there was a new girl sitting alone so Melody got up and walked over to the lonely girl. She found out that the girl name is Sarah, she is like Melody a loner. She was next to her she saw what She did she thought that was really brave. Jessica walked over here with her gang
"Hey Melody, you found a looser friend like you" sneered Jessica and her gang giggled at the joke.
"Why don't you leave us alone Jessica, come on Sarah why don't we go somewhere else." said Melody getting up and walked away with Sarah by her side. Melody could hear Jessica say losers to her group and they giggled uncontrollably and then sauntered away.

Next day Melody was walking to her seat in study hall when she stumbled on someones foot
"Hey Melody did you have a nice trip?" asked snotty voice from Jessica peering over her and her classmates just laughed. Melody just picked up her things and walked to her seat trying hard not to cry. Finally the teacher came into the room and got things going, Melody just put her ear buds in and turned on the music and read. Sarah met Melody after class soon she saw Melody was scratched up Sarah knew right away, it was Jessica's fault. They had the next class together and with Jessica. Math was worse Melody sat in front Jessica and that made it worse. Jessica crumpled paper and threw it at her and saying looser in her ear, when the teacher wasn't looking. Melody was happy when the bell rang to leave to meet up with Sarah. When she was halfway out the door when Jessica tripped her she was about to fall flat on her face when someone caught her by the elbow she looked up to see Brandon holding her elbow Melody all she could do was blush redder than a chili pepper.
"Not nice Jessica to trip someone." said Brandon glaring at Jessica
"She should watch where she is going, other than on my designers shoes."said Jessica and sashayed out the door with her friends right behind her.
"You ok?" asked Brandon helping Melody up
"Yea, thanks" said Melody not making eye contact. She got the things that Brandon picked up for her and walked silently out.

The next two months Jessica made Melody miserable when Brandon isn't round. Finally it was December everyone is talking about the winter dance Jessica was the most excited and she told everyone that she is going with Brandon. Melody's mom got her a beautiful dress for the dance, the week of the dance everyone was wearing Christmas colors. Jessica looked like a light up Christmas tree as Brandon looked cuter than ever. One day Melody and Sarah was sitting at their table eating when someone was behind Melody
"Jessica, I don't want you around right now please go away." said Melody looking at Sarah. But Sarah didn't look annoyed as Melody. Melody turned round to see that Brandon and his best friend Jake was there with their trays.
"May we sit with you guys?" asked Brandon. Melody nodded as Brandon sat by Melody and Jake sat by Sarah. They started up a conversation and Melody was just picking at her food
"So you are going to the dance with Jessica I hear." said Melody not looking at Brandon
"No, Jessica asked me but I said no I want to go with someone else,"said Brandon. Melody could feel him looking at her.
"Oh, I had a hunch that that rumor was wrong, but why did you reject an invitation from the most popular girl in the grade?" asked Melody
"I am not interested in who’s popular or not, I think you are cool for a geek like me." He said
"So you are calling me a geek!" said Melody getting annoyed and stabbing her food
"No, I mean I am too but I just don't show it, I mean that you are a cool geek," said Brandon swallowing a bite of food. Melody didn't say anything she just stared at her food trying to believe him
"What are you a geek of?" asked Melody finally looking up at those beautiful emerald green eyes of his
"Science geek, Jake is a math geek but he is the only friend that I know that is cool in this way."said Brandon giving Jake a high five. The bell rang for the end of lunch Melody picked up her tray to dump it Brandon right behind her. The next class was band that went fast when she got to her locker Brandon was waiting there to go to history. They got new seating arrangements Melody next to Brandon they were passing notes back and forth. At the end Melody and Brandon were walking down the hall side by side. Jessica gave Melody a look like she was a bug that needs to be gone.

The next day was the night of the dance Sarah was going to the dance with Jake. Melody opened her locker and found that a piece of paper fell out she opened it and found
Dear Mel,
I couldn't do it in person to tell you something so meet me at lunch we need to talk
From Brandon
Right after melody finished her shoulder got a good chunk of meeting her locker as she got shoved into it. Melody heard a good snicker behind her she heard Jessica say what a loser and came with a storm of laughter by her pack. Melody got her things and left and heard Jessica say yea go running back to your loser friend and Brandon that doesn't even like you, he even told me last night isn't that right Brandon?” Asked Jessica. When she saw Brandon coming around the corner
"That's right." said Brandon not meeting Melody's eyes. Melody bumped into Brandon hard when she passed him, everyone stopped to watch what was going on. Melody just got through classes but when it was lunch Sarah sat with Jake, so Melody sat alone back to everyone she could hear people talking about what happen this morning. Melody ignored the gossip and ate her lunch painfully with every bite it gnawed her stomach. During history she ignored the notes that Brandon and one time he got in trouble with the teacher. Melody simply gave the teacher all the notes that she had. The teacher let her off the hook but said never to do it again and she moved Brandon to the front row. When it was the end of the day Melody was getting her things when she felt a presents behind her
"Please can we talk Mel?" asked a familiar voice.
“Don’t call me that,” she said but didn't turn around, she just closed her locker and walked away to catch her bus.

At home Melody and Sarah just finished their homework and was talking about tonight
"I am going to wear a long lime green dress." said Sarah texting Jake. Melody didn't smile or say anything as she was writing a song in her notebook
"What are you writing any way?" asked Sarah looking over Melody's shoulder
"Oh it's nothing." said Melody shutting the notebook throwing it onto her chair
"Hey you got to show me what you are wearing tonight." said Sarah changing the subject
"I don't think I am going tonight." said Melody going over to her window to look out
"If you aren't going then I am not going either." said Sarah
"No, you should go you shouldn't go because of me." said Melody facing Sarah. Sarah got up off the bed and went over to Melody's closet and pulled out the dress that her mother bought her.
"You are going and that is final. Now get your butt over here and let me get your hair done." demanded Sarah. Melody fed up with it for an hour, when her mother saw her in the dress she cried of joy she took so many pictures of Melody and Sarah that Melody's legs were tired of standing. But finally they got on their way toward the dance.

The dance committee over did themselves on the dance. It looked like they were at Paris just like she image it, it was like small statues of the Eiffel tower and lanterns that looked like they were from Paris. Everyone looked awesome, Sarah met up with Jake leaving Melody just went over to the snack table and took a glass of punch when she heard someone cleared their throat Melody turned around to find Brandon standing there in a awesome tux
"Can I have this dance with is beautiful lady?" asked Brandon holding out his hand
"Where is your date?" asked melody
"That was a mistake, Jessica said if I don't go to the dance with her she will make your life even more miserable and I can't let do that." said Brandon with a frown.
"Well she has made my life miserable since third grade, besides I am use to it" said Melody
"So how about the dance will you join me?" asked Brandon holding out his hand
"I will be delighted." said melody and curtsied. Brandon lead melody on to the dance floor melody saw Jessica and she looked like she was going to strangle someone. Melody laughed but didn't care it was just her and Brandon dancing together. She saw Sarah dancing with Jake she looked happy. It was a magical night for her and Brandon.

Next Monday Brandon met Melody at her locker looking bored with Jessica twisting her hair and flirting with him. Brandon smiled when he saw Melody and left Jessica and over to Melody
"Thank god you are here" Melody giggled "Hey I have been meaning to ask you something for a while" said Brandon
"What would that be Brandon?" Melody asked blushing. When Brandon lean in close to her ear
"Melody will you go out with me?" asked Brandon blushing more than Melody. Melody thought for a moment then answered
"I would be delighted to be your girlfriend" said Melody and put her hand in his and he just smiled and then they walked happily down the hallway as a new couple. Jessica was standing at her locker mad as ever.

So just comes to show that you shouldn't let someone bring you down. Speak up to the bullies, and help stop bulling

Nobody should be bullied no matter the circumstances.