Seperated | Teen Ink

Seperated

By NigelAlgoo123 BRONZE, Junction City, Kansas
NigelAlgoo123 BRONZE, Junction City, Kansas

Introduction: The following is a story about two boys. The boys were twins with the exact same DNA. At birth they were separated to two different families. Both families were normal loving families, who loved and supported everything their twin needed. The twins’ families were the same but they didn’t grow up the same way. Since they were in totally different areas they went to different schools. Their schools shaped them who they are today.

The first boy lived in a straight forward neighborhood with the average residents. Each individual house only cared about themselves. The only interaction between families was the average “hello” or “get off my lawn!” One school sat at the center of the neighborhood and, this was where everyone got an education. The school wasn’t unique at all. Every day the school followed the same agenda. Every day there was a worksheet to do. Every unit had a new concept to learn. Every month was a project. The worksheets were practice pages. Lessons were taught in a PowerPoint lecture. All projects were easy like book reports, informative essays, and research papers. As usual every student moaned and groaned when they woke up at 7:00 a.m. every morning thinking, “I hate school”. School felt like a prison every day. Not physically, but mentally. The same routine of gray skies and, gloomy lectures was the average schedule here. You could take a whiff in a random classroom and only smell pencil shavings. Very few students actually enjoyed going to this school and, the first boy was one of them. He had followed every direction down to the fine print. He did this on every project, worksheet, and note sheet. Today he looks back at high school as the best years of his life. As an electrician, he does the same thing every day to fix fuse boxes.

The second boy was sent some where far away from the first one. Like the first one he lived in a normal sized neighborhood. This neighborhood held, and group activities. Annually gigantic group walks were attended by most of the neighborhood to celebrate something they had all shared, freedom. Everyone was friendly like, bump into for a conversation friendly. In the center of this neighborhood was also a school. Getting a good rest create and easier learn establishment for students so, school started at 11:00 a.m. The schedule changed every day. A new lesson was taught by steps instead of a lecture. Each month was a project. Each student needed to spend time and effort to finish. If you overworked on the project then you would get a headache instead, of a hand cramp. This boy loved his school like all of the other students. The school also had multiple after school clubs for everyone. Since, his work wasn’t just a long task he became more creative. Today he is an Electrical Engineer. He looks to the future and, leave his past behind him.

One day as adult the boys had similar jobs in the same building. A huge skyscraper was being built near the first boy’s neighborhood. The first boy had needed to transfer power to the near the construction facilities. At the same time the second boy was discussing plans for the electricity flow through the building. After they had finished their jobs they met in the elevator. For a long period they had stared at each other like, the world had stopped. It felt like, looking at a mirror with different clothes. This had been the first time they met since birth. Soon later the boys had come back to their senses and went back to work. They thought about their meeting and noticed the difference. The first boy had been wearing a uniform and, the second boy was wearing a suit and tie. They could instantly tell the difference between them. They may have looked the same but, they were totally different.