Wrestling | Teen Ink

Wrestling

By ColeSmith BRONZE, Tipp City, Ohio
ColeSmith BRONZE, Tipp City, Ohio

“Hi, Dad, what are you doing? I want to go wrestle, and wanted to know if you wanted to come? I want to win state this year and I’m going to wrestle everyday, all day for the rest of the season. Nothing is going to stop me.”

“The first few months are done. I am feeling great! I am undefeated, until I finally meat my maker… Returning state champion from Graham. I knew this was going to be a tough match, but didn’t really realize how tough. I got pinned in the first period.”

“I worked my butt off, that loss made me mad. I was going to do something knowing that I was going to face him again. I wasn’t going to let that happen to me again.”

“The week of Districts came, it was looking good, I was in the semi finals. The graham boy was on the other side of the bracket. I was in an intense match, it was 2-2 going into overtime, double overtime, and finally triple overtime. I was able to pull out the win which meant that I was in the finals against the returning state champion from graham.”

“I finally was going to get my chance; I wasn’t going to get beat again. It wasn’t going to happen. It was a great match going into the third period. I was winning 3-2 and I chose neutral. Nothing happened for the first 1:30 and then with 5 seconds left, I took him down to win the match 5-2. It was amazing!”

“Finally it was the week of state. I was ready, I pinned my way all the way to the finals! I felt unstoppable. Once again we met… This was the biggest match of both of our careers. It was a tight match 2-1. I was winning. With 20 seconds left he shoots and misses and I get the takedown!!!! I WIN!!! It was the most amazing experience of my life!”

This is a story I wrote about wrestling.