The hard life of marquis | Teen Ink

The hard life of marquis

April 11, 2014
By Marquis Trice BRONZE, Junction City, Kansas
Marquis Trice BRONZE, Junction City, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Marquis is a little boy that lives with his mother and father. Every day he gets to eat a honeybun, go to the gym and play basketball, and have a lot of really close friends. He is so good at basketball; it’s like a remake of M.J. in the 1998 season. At school his life is perfect with teacher’s friends and staff but the truth is that his life is not as good as it seems to be. Back at home his life is like something you can never imagine; it’s like seeing a baby running into the road and almost getting hit by a car. Every time he walks into the door his stomach just drops.

He stays up all night thinking: why life has to be like this? And what are some ways he can change it? He takes a look up at the stars and makes a wish that life was better. One day he just couldn’t put up with it anymore and he called his grandma and asks if he can move in with her and she said yes. Even though his mom and dad were too busy doing drugs every night to take care of him, he still feels bad for them and hopes for them to change.
So the first thing he does as he move in with his grandma, he ask her if he can get at less $ 1000 so he can send his mother and father off to get help, and hope that they will change and get back on their feet. But in the meantime Marquis looks up ways to stop people from getting these drugs or make them change their mind about doing them. The next day when he goes to school he gets on the computer and try to find the main selling point of tobacco and etc. He looks and looks and look but he just could not get any information on who make tobacco. So he decides to try to get it out to the people, which it is bad to do drugs and we need to stop.
At school he meat a new friend by the name of Lonnie, and his dad works at the news reporter station. And he asks Lonnie if he can talk to his dad about a real big probable that going on, and Lonnie says sure. The next day he’s gets to talk to Lonnie dad. His name is Mr. Bun, he tells Mr. Bun about everything that went on with his mother and father and how he want to change it. At first Mr. Bun was unsure about it, and then he was like sure why not.
Five years later Marquis end up getting 50% of drugs user to stop, and as years went by all most everyone in America had stop doing drugs. Marquis Company called drugs is not the way to go end up helping the government saving millions and millions of dollars because of this.
Now that Marquis Help America stop using drugs he is now planning on helping the whole world stop.


The author's comments:
I am in the 9th grade and I love honeybun and like to work out and play basketball.