School Bus

My life usually started like this. I get up at 6:20 every morning. I take a shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, and do my hair. Once all that is done I go downstairs where I say good morning to my mom, dad and older brother. I grab a piece of toast from the counter. On the way out of the door I grab my backpack. I’m usually not the first one out the door. I’m usually the last one. This is how my life has been everyday ever since I started junior high. But today felt different for some reason. I know I wasn’t forgetting anything because I had just checked. So I looked to see what time it was and the clock read 7:37. Oh no! My bus is usually at my stop by 7:30. I was 7 minutes late. I ran outside to see if anyone was still here but everyone’s car was already gone. Maybe I could ride my bike. But then I realized we got rid of it because I grew out of it. I had to think of what I was going to do. Nothing came to mind. What was I going to do? As soon as I thought that, the bus pulled around the corner coming to my stop.