Mistakes Do Not Define You | Teen Ink

Mistakes Do Not Define You

By StayyPerfectt09 BRONZE, Hartstown, Pennsylvania
StayyPerfectt09 BRONZE, Hartstown, Pennsylvania

"You know my name, not my story. You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through."

“I hate my life. I hate myself. You are a horrible person! Why do you even try? You’ll never amount to anything. God says that everyone has a purpose in life, but you don’t. Why were you even born?’ The voices keep repeating in her head; they won’t stop. Over and over again, they repeat. She was only 12. “Just try it, you’ll be fine” he said. 6 words were all it took to make her say yes. She has just met him a few days ago, yet she let him do it. She has no one else to blame but herself. He talked to her the day after, but that only lasted for a few hours, He vanished. She had called 6 times, and no answer. She sent 9 text messages, and he read them, but didn’t respond. He had told her he would never leave, but he lied. She was the one foolish enough to believe him. How could she of trusted someone she had just met? How could she let him take something from her that she could never get back the day she met him in person? She had made a mistake. She lost something she could never get back. It haunts her every day, but nothing will change. It’s still gone. The past is the past, and she now knows that your mistakes don’t define who you are today.