Isn't that right? Mom? | Teen Ink

Isn't that right? Mom?

February 19, 2014
By Johanna_Rose PLATINUM, Warsaw, Other
Johanna_Rose PLATINUM, Warsaw, Other
32 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.


-
I’m sorry… - She whispered, hiding her face in her palms.
-
What happened there? Tell me exactly what happened. – The police woman pushed, kneeling before the shaking girl.
-
I don’t remember… It all seems so blurry. We were drunk. So drunk… - She hiccupped, the snot sliding down into her mouth.
-
Why were you there in the first place?
-
He rented out a boat… We started drinking when we were in the middle of the lake. We just laughed, laughed so loud. It started deafening me at one point. – She stopped, staring ahead.
-
And what happened next? – The officer gazed into her half closed eyes… Captured in the fog of the past.
-
He… Tried to stab me…
“You little b****, you think I’m an idiot?!”
Her eyes diluted.
-
He found out that I was cheating on him. And he was mad… The laugh turned into a scream…
My scream.
-
I pushed him in the water and hit with a paddle. I hit with all my strength until all the blood from the body returned to the surface of the water. I dipped my finger in it and just watched as the liquid brushed against my fingers. It was his blood, on my hands. And I was laughing the whole time. I couldn’t stop laughing…
The officer sat back in her chair and watched the girl’s distant face.
She signed. – You understand what this means, Amanda?
The girl gazed at her, waiting.
-You killed someone in your own defense. I know it wasn’t all your fault, but the fact that you hit him repeatedly puts suspicion on your back.
-I wanted to kill him. – She whispered, her palms open. – I wanted his death, and his pain. For everything he did to me. He deserved it.
-You can’t talk like this in court, Amanda.
-I don’t have to go to court, Mom. He tried to stand up and fell into the water. That’s what happened.
-Amanda…
-Isn’t it what happened Mom? I never killed anyone. I would never… It was all an accident. I have to go back home and do my homework. Like nothing happened.
-Nothing happened… - As her mother, she bit her lip and closed her eyes.
What happened to that puppy, Amanda?
It was an accident, Mommy. I never meant to hurt anything.
-I love you, Mom. – The girl whispered, not taking her eyes off the officer.
-This is finished. Go back home.
She didn’t look at her daughter, as she walked out of the room. If she did, she would watch the same thing. As if a clip playing in her head.
That little add of confidence to her steps, as she came out victoriously.


The author's comments:
Truth is only one, but that one version can be altered and developed into a colorful one. One that is a joy to look at.