The Voice Inside Me | Teen Ink

The Voice Inside Me

By sandra1438 BRONZE, SACRAMENTO, California
sandra1438 BRONZE, SACRAMENTO, California

Foggy sight and thoughts. Isolated from the world. Soft cries, loud screams, wishing this nightmare would end. Finding the courage within myself to speak up… but I don’t seem to find it. It’s nowhere to be found. Thinking of wonderful places I’d rather be, then I snap back to reality, all of these thoughts are helpless.

Why do heartless fathers exist?

Sticking around just to make your life miserable. All this sorrow I have bottled up inside my heart is ready to erupt like a volcano. Sooner or later this feeling inside me will heal.

Once this heartless creature disappears my hazy day slowly starts to clear. No sunshine yet, but a faint glow off in the distance. My heart is healing slowly. Not to forgive, but to forget. Forget about the heartless creature and all the harm it brought. My heart might heal slowly, but the creature, that’s something that won’t heal.

The faint glow transforms into sunlight with each second. My mind and soul strengthens day by day as I gather all the bravery and persistence from these five wonderful women that surround me every step of the way. In no time sunshine appears, this is the sunshine everyone has been talking about. I finally feel and see it. All the negativity shooting at me but all it really does is goes right past me. Dodging these bullets like rain in a storm.

This brave woman has been my father and mother since day one. This absurd obstacle changed my life in nothing but positive ways. This voice inside me transformed because of this bold woman.

Confident and independent is the definition of a woman to my hero, and that’s what I’m striving for.