Pride | Teen Ink

Pride

February 4, 2014
By KatieMae2015 GOLD, St. Marys, Pennsylvania
KatieMae2015 GOLD, St. Marys, Pennsylvania
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

"Why won't you let me help you?"
"Cause I have more pride then that." Said Melody as she spit on the cold cement floor towards him."
"Am giving you a chance here, you need to take this." Said Jim as his brown eyes became wider, he was almost screaming, trying to control his temper at the same time his heart racing. He face was red and had aged with the increased stress.
"I don't need anything from a person like you." As she ran her fingers though her straight scarlet hair down to her hips.
"I am just trying to help!" As he grabbed a hold of her velvet covered shoulders and gently shock them feeling the fabric under his cold, wrinkly hand, making her cringe. He was no longer trying to control his anger he knew she wouldn't listen to him unless he yelled.
"After what you did to me." She shouted at him and then pulled her head back and spit in his half closed, spited eyes.
Wiping his hand over his face to clear it when he said "If your going to be that way then you won't get that job, then you won't pay your rent and then you and your child can go homeless."
"I will figure it out! With out your offensive offer." She said slamming the dirty gray door to the basement behind her.
"I don't need him, I can figure this out, what about little Ginger my daughter, what am I going to do." She was mumbling to herself pacing back and forth in the cold spring morning. "He's right I don't have a choice." Shuffling her size eight feet kicking stones as she walked back into the dark basement.