Northern Summer Night | Teen Ink

Northern Summer Night

January 21, 2014
By emarie423 BRONZE, Grand Blanc, Michigan
emarie423 BRONZE, Grand Blanc, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I wrapped the blanket around my body as I opened the door to outside. The air was cold without a breeze as I made my way through the dark woods. The silence of night time was weary but with the occasional sound of active critters around me I knew I wasn’t alone. Finally I saw the break in the forest ahead of me and knew the darkness would soon be behind me. As I walked out of the forest I emerged into a great opening, the lake. My bare feet walked onto the old wooden dock that creaked with every step I made. Tonight the water was smooth like glass which held a perfect reflection of the crescent moon that glistened in the water. At the end of the dock I stopped and nestled my body into the blanket as I lay on my back. The stars above me painted a portrait of pure bliss. Hypnotized by the cloudless sky, I laid there and watched for the endless count of shooting stars that fell down from the heavens. A northern summer night was right before my eyes. Soon the forest leaves would fall and the lake would become rigid ice. But right at that moment I laid there alone, a moment in time all to myself. An endless summer night with the stars above.


The author's comments:
This is all from memories.