Little Box | Teen Ink

Little Box

By KatieMae2015 GOLD, St. Marys, Pennsylvania
KatieMae2015 GOLD, St. Marys, Pennsylvania

She touched the little box in her pocket and smiled with a wide grin. It's was her day to shine, her boy friend who was too insecure to ask her, never wanted to get married. But she did now, she wanted to have the bond of family, she was going to go the untraditional way and ask him herself. Diana figured he was too scared to ask her because before now the answer would of been no from her. But, after the discovery made yesterday she thought she had no choice. She loved him or thought she loved him anyway. Diana strolled across the street hoping to not start crying again as see saw a little baby in a stroller being pushed around by which, she would assume to be the babies mother and father. What am I going to do? Diana wondered to herself maybe I shouldn't get married maybe I should just run away. No I must at least try to get the family cemented in one place for the sake of the baby.

"What'd do you mean by No!" Screeched Diana to her boyfriend Tim.
"I don't want to get married."
"But we have to."
"Says who? And why would we have to get married."
"Because... because..... because am pregnant." Said Diana breaking down in tears.
"That doesn't mean we have to get married, honestly I think it's time we go our own separate ways. I want to see other people, I want to start my life over, I don't want a baby. I am just going to let you deal with thus problem." Said Tim as he shut the screen door behind him and left forever.