Christmas Mourn | Teen Ink

Christmas Mourn

By Jarrod Turnbull BRONZE, Logan, Ohio
Jarrod Turnbull BRONZE, Logan, Ohio

Karen and Daniel Ronan pass the twinkling lights in their BMW. Daniel was extremiling flout towards Karen. Karen was weeping as snowflakes covered the windsheild. Karen rubs her stomach. The deli sign read '18 days and counting' while a porcelian santa rocked back and forth. "By Christmas this would be the greatest micacle."

"Some miracle. Dr. Robert said there was no chance. Two years later it happened so amazing. Like I had done something right and i was bening rewarded. But 3 months later it was taken back. It was never meant to be. I guess I don't know," Karen whispered. Daniel sits emotionless. Karen whiped her cloudy eyes and the goopy makeup running down her puffy cheeks.

Soon they come up on their Rhode Island home. Daniel pulls in the garage. Karen sits still while Daniel steps out and walks to the door. He stops by the workbench and stares at the bassinet. Rage and remourse fills his eyes. He quickly pushes over the bassinet breaking one of the legs. Karen shudders. Daniel slams the door behind her.

When Karen walks into the kicten she can see Daniel sitting on a couch in the family room. "Daniel," Karen whispered almost silent. "Daniel!" she repeats." She walks into the family room and stands in front of him. With extreme crying and anger she yells, "Daniel. You can't handle anything. Can you Daniel?" Karen begins to bawl.

She covers her mouth and softly crys as she walks up the stair well. She kicks off her shoes. Then she sits at the top of the steps and buries her face in her hands. She looks behind her at the yellow nursey. She walks into it and stares at the ducks and hens painted on the wall. She sits rocking on the chair trying to hold in the pain. Daniel walks into the nursey and tenderly holds her. They both weep.

2 years later- December 9-
Daniel puts the angel on the full grown green tree smelling of syrup. The presents and the dog complete the tree. Through the french doors a deer walks into the woods with her spawn. Karen walks down the stairs holding Danny.