Coffee and Tea

Alice eyed her cup but didn’t dare touch it.
Jace gripped hers to the point of pain.
Alice’s cup was grand and full, almost modest in its light blue and white. Beautiful filigree danced on each edge uninhibited. The handle was wide and long, it reached out far. Where it met the cup it curved in on itself, wanting to reach out farther. The rim was curled, the cup’s contents bared to the world.
Jace’s was not, she had tea in front of her rather than coffee. Her cup had no handle, where Alice’s was wide Jace’s was tall. Its dark color went uninterrupted by frivolous decorations. It stood without the foot Alice’s had.
Alice didn’t dare touch her cup’s reaching handle.
Jace gripped hers, not a hold to be found.

Bay_ReneeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 9:28 pm:
   Beautiful description! I could really picture this as I was reading, and I love a good metaphor, so this was fantistic. Can I ask what inspired you to write this? It was a wonderfully original concept.^.^

RoseRatchetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 3:48 pm :
I had a teacher that kept a beta fish in a coffee mug (betas can be kept in small spaces but mug was kinda pushing it) and everytime I looked over the brim I'd get a flash of red fin, that became several short things like this, thank you for liking this!

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 21 at 7:08 pm:
Can I just say... Wow :) I love this, and the imagery used to contrast the two characters is wonderful. The ending is definitely my favorite part; it produces a lesson (at least it did to me), and it is flexible, letting the reader have the ability to bend the meaning to his/her own experiences. Awesome job, keep writing! :)

Jan. 23 at 8:56 am :
thank you so much!

_Zavery_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 21 at 5:55 pm:
woah that was really good !! you are really good at descriptive writing

Jan. 21 at 6:07 pm :
thank you!