Perfect This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Stop it all. Just stop it. Please. Just forget what I said and move on because it’s not what I meant. It was stupid. It’s not a big deal. I’m sorry. Don’t be mad. I can be perfect again.

I’ll lose weight. I’ll keep time. I’ll keep up. I will. I’ll start jogging in the morning. I’ll start eating breakfast and skipping lunch. I’ll finish the things I start. I’ll confront my demons. I swear. Please. Just don’t leave. I can be perfect again.

I’ll start talking to people like I did when I was younger. I’ll dance and go to parties and be fun. I can do it. I will. I can be perfect again.

I’ll write better, talk slower, condescend less and joke more. I’d wear make up and do my hair, change my outfit, anything. Just accept me. I can be perfect again.

I’ll stand taller, grow smaller, talk louder, be ballsier, be sassy, be refined, have an opinion, change my mind. I’d do anything to be perfect again.

Please just tell me I am perfect again.

xofelicia97 said...
Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:30 am
I love this with every fiber of my being.

Evey4321 said...
Wow! I love it! It really speaks to the fears and demons of the average teenage girl. I really love this

where.words.fail.music.speaks said...
Amazing! Keep it up!

Outcast4God replied...
Awesome! Portrays a lot of teenage girls (and even some guys).

GreyGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. The emotion is so real in this! Good job.