My Future | Teen Ink

My Future

November 28, 2013
By dfeola316 SILVER, Exton, Pennsylvania
dfeola316 SILVER, Exton, Pennsylvania
7 articles 2 photos 0 comments

When I grow up, I’ll live in a house in a nice rural neighborhood. The neighborhood will have big yards and tall old trees that get dusted with the perfect amount of snow in the winter and turn golden orange in the fall. The neighborhood will open up onto a road that isn’t too busy, but also not deserted. Not too far away will be a small shopping center in walking distance from the house with small local businesses. The neighbors will be nice and friendly, and everyone in the neighborhood will know each other. My house will have a big backyard with two maple trees. It will be surrounded by a white picket fence. I’ll share the house with my wife who I will ask to marry at 27 and our three kids. Our kids will be two boys and one girl. Their ages will be spread apart evenly so they’re all friends even if they argue once and a while. The girl will be named Taylor and she will be the oldest. She’ll have dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She will be perfect without trying and she will always choose the nice boys when it comes to it. She’ll see who cares about her and she will build a once in a lifetime relationship/friendship that will never fall apart. The next oldest will be named Hunter. He will have semi-long brown hair that he combs to the side in a nice wave. He’ll wear nice jackets and dark jeans. He’ll care about popularity and he’ll get there, but he won’t be a jerk. He’ll be caring and thoughtful and fun, but have a personality that makes everyone like him. Our youngest will be named Ethan. He will be shy, but he will be creative. He will be passionate and thoughtful and he’ll read a lot of books. He’ll have a small group of friends that care about him and like him, but he won’t be popular like his brother and sister. He’ll feel like he’s living in their shadow, but they will help him and they will care for him. He will have a hopeless crush on a beautiful girl who doesn't understand him. In time, she will realize how special he is and they will be together forever, but until then, he’ll think that he needs to change himself for her. My wife will be the same age as me. She will look a lot like her daughter. She will be my best friend as well as my wife. Her dirty blonde hair will fall perfectly across her face when she looks down. She’ll have a hopeless habit of brushing it behind her ear, even though it never stays. Her stunning blue eyes will look at me with love and excitement and sadness when I need it. She will always know what to say. We will be ourselves around each other and if we ever argue, it won’t affect anything. We’ll have three dogs: a Dalmatian, a Golden Retriever, and a German Sheppard. They will run in our big yard and they will be curious, but they will never try to run away. They will be calm indoors and they will sleep next to the family and they will love to be pet, but outside they will be adventurous and free. They’ll chase balls and sticks and Frisbees, but they’ll be gentle with people and never bite or jump but they will sniff and lick people with affection all the time. In our house, we’ll have lots of windows to keep it bright and a big deck in the back with a sliding door leading to it. I’ll have a room just for me with a skylight and bookshelves on every wall. We’ll have old but not antique furniture and decorations. Our kids will love spending time with us. We will relax outside or sit by the fire or watch a movie. Every day we will do something fun together as a family. We’ll start traditions like always having chocolate milk when we eat a cheese sandwich no matter what and when the kids look back they will always remember the little things. They will have phones and TVs but they won’t be obsessed. They would rather roast marshmallows with their family then text their friends and it will always be like that. They will be morally amazing people who always can tell right from wrong. We will look forward to the holidays and we will always have each other’s back. If Taylor falls in love with a jerk just once, or Hunter gets himself into trouble with his friends, or maybe Ethan hears someone talk about him behind his back, we will be there together, and we will always have each other’s backs, and it will be perfect forever.