2 Sides of 1 Story | Teen Ink

2 Sides of 1 Story

By PrincessGlory BRONZE, Murphy, Texas
PrincessGlory BRONZE, Murphy, Texas

If you fall, i'll be there~Floor

My name is Angeline. I’m 15 years old and I’m a victim of being bullied. Every day I wake up pretending to be happy in front of my parents. I’m like a celebrity smiling for the cameras.

I walk to school every day and try to get there before them. Somehow they always find me. I limp into school, this time they went for my leg, my teacher notices and sends me to the counselor office. She asks me who did it, but I don’t tell knowing my punishment will be worse if they find out I ratted them out.

The school day is over and my mom is here to pick me up. She asks me how my day went and like all ways I say “Today was great”. She still hasn’t noticed my bruises and how I limped to the car. No one will ever know how much pain I’m in. I just want it all to be over.

My name is Jewelie. But at school I’m known as Jewels. I’m 16 years old and I’m a bully. Every day I wake up to the screaming and arguing of my parents. They happened to argue early this morning which is good for me so I could get my younger siblings ready for school.

While walking to school with my “crew” I noticed Angeline, the girl me and my friends usually bullied. When she noticed us she tried to get away but it was late. One of my “friends” had already kicked her in the knee and took her school work, lunch money, and the jacket she was wearing.

In the middle of lunch I went to the counselor office to pick up some supplies. As I walked in Angeline was limping out. I glared at her and hoped she didn’t tell the counselor anything or when I got home I knew I would get beat. Mrs. Silas greeted me and gave me a bag of soap, coupons to buy some food, and some pencils and paper.

The school day is over and I have to walk to my younger sibling’s school to pick them up. The lady at the desk asks how I was and like always I say “I’m fine”. No one knows about my situation at home except my counselor and she only knows bits and pieces. When we were 1 block away I could literally hear my parents fighting. I tried to distract my siblings by making jokes. When we all got home I was hit for bad grades and for being 7 minutes late. Another bruise added to my collection. I just want it all to be over.