A new begining or is it the end? | Teen Ink

A new begining or is it the end?

By ImStillSilent GOLD, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
ImStillSilent GOLD, Oak Ridge, Tennessee

There is always a chance of failure. It just depends on how you look at it to see if you truly lost or won.

Soft wheels let out tiny squeeks every now and again. A person was being wheeled out of a room on a gurney in total slience. Blank blue eyes seemed to swim in the bright lights of the hospital. The girl's blonde hair was smoothed down on the pillow as a nurse's hand continously stroked her head. A pale face came into view for a brief moment as the focus was soon lost. The buzzing of tiny voices seemed to be drowning in the near silence in her head. A nurse leaned down toward the girl's ear.
"It's going to be all right, honey. You just have to hang in there for us," she whispered gently as a mother would to her child. The girl merely blinked her blue eyes as a bit of fear flickered through them like lightning. A doctor by the head of the gurney was talking to a nurse near by.
"She'll be lucky to make it through this surgery. The tumor is causing a blockage of bloodflow to her brain. I doubt she'll be able to do much if she lives. She could be fine, though, by some grace of God, or she may be in short a vegetable, and you have the last option, but I'm sure you know," he said as if the girl wasn't lying there.
'So.' she thought, 'This is how it's going to be, huh? Even the doctor has no hope for me. It makes me a bit sad that I won't be able to say goodbye to everyone.' Those thoughts getting lost in the nothing of her mind. The doctor glanced down at her for a moment as an overwhelming pity filled his dark eyes
"You poor girl." he said,"Nobody so young should have to suffer the way you are." He shook his head with a deep sigh. The girl's blue eyes seemed to glisten in unshed tears as she stared at the lights.
'I know Doc, I know. Nobody should have to go through this.' Was her last thought as she was forced under by the drugs.

Not much to say, but it was a conflict piece I did for my class and this is what became of wandering thoughts.