Daily Persecution | Teen Ink

Daily Persecution

By lakekid33 SILVER, Hartville, Ohio
lakekid33 SILVER, Hartville, Ohio

He dresses, looks, acts different. While every guy wears the Nike's, he's rocking the coach. Telling his parents he's gay is something he dreads to approach. Knowing everyday he'll be judged like an endless trial. Everybody knows his sexual orientation kind of like it went viral. After school fight, then he runs home to cry at night. After telling his parents he's gay their not open. They disown him as if he's at the bottom of the totem. Looking in the mirror as his insecure enemy stare him in his eyes, he's ashamed ay what he sees as tears hit his cheeks. Yelling "God why!?" as he's in his room thinking about his past. Blood drips from his wrist, wishing his pain didn't exist. He thinks God isn't real. I may not know the answer, but I know what it isn't. He can't be he's not here or not existent. 5 years have passed. Still the same struggle. Swallowing his mom's pills, rolling blunts and putting up nice fronts. He rocks a fake smile on the daily like his attire. That's what he calls daily life. He says its the only way he gets away from all the daily strife. He tells people over and over again his story but nobody will ever know his pain. God isn't on his mind, he forgot about the lamb that was slain. To him church is nothing but plain. The past is engraved in his brain like it left a stain. Students stares pierce his cheeks. He can't take it anymore, he's wanted to end it for weeks. Back home a late night of sorrow and lonesome can't change his mind. Nobody sees his pain. It's like black tints have them blind. In his dads bag, he finds an answer to all his torture. The answer has one in the chamber and a full clip...(pause) click! the safety's off. To end his life is his only desire so he wants to let the gun fire. Sweat, tears, and pain stream down his face. He puts the chrome to his temple and he's screaming loud enough to bust a lung. Finger on the trigger, he's ready to let it pap. The slightest movement of his finger made the gun click-clack and now his parents want their baby boy back...

This is a poem about sexual orientation and about how all homosexuals go through judgment in their life. I don't know the pain of being homosexual but this is from my point of view.. I need your comments so I can continue to grow as a writer