Friends or Sisters? | Teen Ink

Friends or Sisters?

By kristenm16 SILVER, Pembroke, Massachusetts
kristenm16 SILVER, Pembroke, Massachusetts

Have you ever felt alone? Lost? Or even just plan depressed? My friend has. She was about eleven when she decided there was nothing good in the world anymore and drowned herself in a river behind her house. She was missing for 3 and a 1/2 days before the parents filed a police report. The police found her 3 hours later, she was found dead and cold as ice and white as snow when it first falls in the winter. The police brought her to the lab to see how long she's been dead they confirmed 4 days. This girl was my best friend and I knew what she was going to do. I was eleven as well when she died. We were friends for 9 years before her death. We did everything together she was practically my sister. A week after her death her parents moved far away because they didn't want to deal with the torture of the memories in that house. She never had a funeral. So on that same day, the day that they moved. I walked out to woods and to that river and said a prayer and a few words for her. I put flowers in the river and a charm that she gave me when we first met it sank to the bottom just like she did. That night I couldn't sleep so I went to my desk and started typing. I looked down and I see my charm and a picture of me and my best friend on the day we met. I turned around and there she was, my best friend she was there in my room! She said to me that she will always be with me no matter what and that she loved me forever and always. Than she was gone. Till this day I believe she is still with me. Her name was Hannah and mine is Lorraine we were best friends than and we still to this very day will always be.