The Olympic Dream | Teen Ink

The Olympic Dream

By UnicornGirl SILVER, Corpus Christi, Texas
UnicornGirl SILVER, Corpus Christi, Texas

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son so that whoever believed in Him would not die but have eternal life." ~ John 3:16.

The lights are shining in my face. Walls of prying eyes anxiously await my performance. I step over to the beam and place my hands on its smooth surface. I do a little hop with my feet off the ground, then do another hop with my legs spread apart, alternating between the two, in preparation for my mount.
I can hear the crowd chanting my name. “Jor-dan! Jor-dan! Jor-dan!”
This is my moment to shine. My plan is to hop up and carefully swing my body to a vertical position before pivoting sideways and mounting. I hop up and swing my legs overhead, but gravity quickly takes its toll on me.
I scream as my body flips forward and my back slams down on the beam, which subsequently breaks in two and I am thrown back into reality. Our already rickety table has split in two and has practically caved in on me, as I am sandwiched between its pieces, lying on the floor. Pain flows through my back.
My mom enters the room, her mouth agape in shock.
“Mom,” I say, groaning, “I think we’re going to need a new table.”

I was doing the same thing Jordan was with the hopping, and that's what inspired me to write this. The name Jordan just came to mind and this is not about Jordyn Weiber. xD