Trapped | Teen Ink

Trapped

August 1, 2013
By ChewyYeung BRONZE, San Ramon, California
ChewyYeung BRONZE, San Ramon, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. — Romans 12:2


I’m here, trapped—trapped in the confinements of this unbreakable glass ceiling. Forgotten, the wisps of memories float past me; slowly depriving me of my being. Here I am, content and alone. No longer must I face the struggle that wrought this world with its satanic endeavors. No more should I be put down and slaughtered by the hordes of savages oozing the wrath to slit my my identity. The knife seared so completely through the mental tsunami overwhelming the quiet, entangled forest, over and over, slowly, harshly. The human devils that looked so condescendingly at me mocked my silent plight for life. The raw, blustery wind choked my every breath, as if I was faltering my own death. The blinding, sunlit rays engulfed every filter of my emotional castle, the deprecated walls crushing the damning secrets that gush through the deep layers of my thoughts; the clouds lifting me up as my body curled over, and in that next moment, the rubbery memories departed from the last bristles of my delicate, pure body. The roaring figures of misery across my heavy breathing raced through the final thoughts of my journey. I need no compassion, no sympathy; instead, I beckon you to distance yourself from the secret derivations of hope. This is only the beginning. The silence—it is deafening! I am lost, but I am found; the crack in the glass freedom—liberation. There is no sin, only simplicity. I am trapped, but I am free.


The author's comments:
I am inspired by the inner spirituality and philosophy of the human mind; what moves us towards perfection, towards acceptance, and towards emotion.