Tell Me the Story of the Sun and the Moon

Basking in an illuminating glow, she awaited his arrival. A woman of two faces, one always alluring and enticing; the other unseen, illusive and somber; she waits. Countless weary nights, she dreams of their eternal love, earning the fire of their forbidden reuniting. A timeless beauty, shining like the nebulas of stars in the lurid night sky, she remains dormant for the world to see. Hypnotizing every admirer and glancing bystander with her shapely figure, and lambent features. But she only waits for him.
He radiates like the heavens and lands beyond our small world. His incandescent smile and exuding flares of pure light are positively blinding to the human eye, but not to her. He is the fire and she is the oxygen that fuels the burning flames. Every night, he dies for his beloved, only to let her breathe. He falls, only to assure that she may rise again.
They will never meet, nor will they suffer in solitude. He is the sun, lustrously shining in the daylight and birthing the beauty that is the moon.
Fluttering lashes and dreams of the untold stories of their love float through the mind as willingly as the air she breathes; the air the moon breathes; in all its glorified straight from the mouth of the sun, the air he lost to give her life. Awake and dazed with a tenuous haze, she rises from the deep slumber in which she was cemented. She untucks her petite chin out of its nested position in her arms. A glance across the classroom and there he is… her sun, but if only she was his moon. Butterflies beat their precious wings within the depths of her stomach as her eyes fix on his perfectly chiseled features. Again she is in her own utopia, dreaming of their delusive love. This is her story… of the sun and the moon.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:01 am:
This is really great, very well described and really convincing and heartfelt. However, sometimes it can seem a bit too full on with all the adjectives and intense vocab and some sentences are too long and just don't make sense. One minute, she's waiting for her sun and the next she's dozing and it doesn't make sense that she's 'awake and dazed with a tenuous haze, she rises from the deep slumber' because how can she be awake and then rise from being asleep? Other tha... (more »)