Becoming Broadway | Teen Ink

Becoming Broadway

July 2, 2013
By madioliver BRONZE, Easton, Massachusetts
madioliver BRONZE, Easton, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Every happy ending is a brand new beginning


Could she do it? Really face up to her stage fright or would she humiliate herself during the first meeting of Drama Club? Chapter 1: Ugh. School. I woke up. The bright sun shining on my face from the opened window. Today was the first day of school. ugh. I hated school and everything about it too. Besides it was my first day in High School. Freshman. But maybe, just maybe this could be a good year but i was not planning on it.
I got out of the shower and through on some shorts, a t-shirt, my Vans, brushed my hair and headed down stairs to have breakfast. My mom, as always was drinking her coffee at the kitchen counter and reading the newspaper. "good Morning honey. How'd you sleep?"
"Morning mom, and i guess a slept good." i said in a tired and cranky voice.
" Well thats good." My mom said as i was getting the milk out of the fridge. " So are you excited for school this year your gonna be a freshman!!!!!!"
" Yes mom so excited for another year of being pushed around by Jenisa Flang." I said in a sarcastic tone. Jenisa was the most popular girl in school. She was mean and really stupid. She was also very pretty to be honest with you. She had bright golden hair, long too, large green eyes, perfect smile, and lastly she was dating the quaterback of the varsity football team. If your wondering she was a sophomore. It was like she was straight out of the movie Mean Girls.
I finished my cereal and put my dish in the sink, told my mom good-bye, grabbed my backpack and i was on my way.
Outside the air was fresh, the sun shining brightly in the sky, grasses greener than... i don't even know.
" Talya!! Wait for me." My best friend Alex, was running from her front yard trying to catch up to me.
"Hey!" she said only now walking.
" Hi. Are you excited for today? Freshman year!" You could tell that she was excited.
" I guess so."
" I can't wait to sign up for drama club." She gasped that meant she had an idea. Her ideas were never particularly good. " You should sign up too!!!! Pleas e please please please please!"
" Maybe but I'm no even good at anything like singing or acting or anything." That was a total lie. I loved singing but, only in the comfort of m home. I used to act but i didn't anymore but i still wrote songs, played the guitar, piano, etc.
" Are you really going to go there right now. I'll let you think about it but you should consider it please."
" Like I said, maybe."
We both got onto the bus. hardly anyone was on it and we drove to school. The one thing that i was waiting for this year, was to join drama club but i didn't know anymore. Now that my best friend was going to be there and stuff. I over think a lot and on top of that i had really bad OCD.These are the things that would make my freshman year crumble. Chapter 2: Here We Go The bus dropped us off at school. This year was going to be the death of me. Why did I have to go anyway? Alex and I walked in the front doors of our new school. The first person I saw was. Jenisa Flang. She walked over to me. This is what would happen everyday of school.
"Oh look the clown." I rolled my eyes after she called me a clown.
"Oh so your talking about yourself...right?" I loved fighting back at her. It was like my own little reality entertainment show.
" What did you just say to me!" She was getting angrier. " I'm pretty sure you heard me but if you want me to be a little louder next time just let me know, Ok? No big deal." I smirked and walked away with Alex.
" I cant believe you just did that . It was like she didn't know what to say to you. Either that or for the first time in her life she couldn't talk." Me and Alex laughed as we headed into homeroom.
Oh know he was here. Jackson was back in our school. Jackson moved back here. Even though Jackson was a hottie.
"He's back...?" Alex asked me
" He cant be. I, I thought he left for, for good." I hated it when I hesitated. I sounded like an idiot.
Jackson was my crush. I always embarrassed myself in front of him no matter what I did. At least I could start over I guess. Jackson was perfection. Light blue eyes, and dirty blonde hair. One thing that I hated was that he was Jenisa's ex boyfriend. That drove me insane. Jenisa would do anything to have him back. Here we go. She was going to attack me just to have him, get inside my head even.
I sighed and decided to go over and talk to him. We were really good friends before he moved and maybe we could do that again and have the same friendship or maybe even more than friends. That idea made me shiver.
"Hey!" I said looking down at the ground
"Hi! I've missed you! Like a lot." We both laughed at each other.
A half hour later the bell rang.
"Sit with me at lunch?" I Asked
"Of course. Meet me outside the cafeteria I'll wait for you."
For once in my life I felt excited about school for once. Maybe this would be a good year. Unless Jenisa got into the way of everything.


The author's comments:
Ive always loved performing so why not just sum it out in a book?