The wall | Teen Ink

The wall

By MRuffin16 BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
MRuffin16 BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

There once lived a girl you was tired of getting her heart broken. She was so tired that she placed her heart in a glass case and began to build a wall around it. Made from the toughest stone in the land, she built the wall. She built for months and months and some more months. When she was satisfied with her work she looked at the masterpiece before her and admired it. For years she was fine living within the contentment of her wall until she heard a loud thump against the wall. She didn't pay it any attention but the thumps kept happening. Soon the wall grew weak and started to crumble. She rushed to fix the wall for fear of letting someone in. She knew in her head no one should be allowed in but her heart longed for a new companion. She eventually gave up and let the wall open up big enough got the intruder to enter. She took a good look at the intruder and saw that no harm could ever be done by him and became quite fond of him. They spent infinite amounts of time together. She even helped him tear down the rest of the wall. They were together and happy for years. Until one night the young girl woke up to find that the man, the one that claimed all of her love was gone and her heart was smashed to pieces. She wrote a letter to the town repair man and asked to for him to repair her heart. She waited for months and months on end but he never showed, so she picked up her tools and began to work on the wall once again. This time she built it twice as high and twice as thick but she figured no one will ever want her broken heart ever again so she never stopped working on to the wall. The repair man eventually showed up years late but the wall was so massive it was impossible to tear down .She never stopped building, all the while the repair man worked to tear it down. She never knew the repair man was on the other side but she was so tired of her heart being broken she never wanted it to be fixed because she knew there was a possibility that would feel that unbearable pain again.There once lived a girl you was tired of getting her heart broken. She was so tired that she placed her heart in a glass case and began to build a wall around it. Made from the toughest stone in the land, she built the wall. She built for months and months and some more months. When she was satisfied with her work she looked at the masterpiece before her and admired it. For years she was fine living within the contentment of her wall until she heard a loud thump against the wall. She didn't pay it any attention but the thumps kept happening. Soon the wall grew weak and started to crumble. She rushed to fix the wall for fear of letting someone in. She knew in her head no one should be allowed in but her heart longed for a new companion. She eventually gave up and let the wall open up big enough got the intruder to enter. She took a good look at the intruder and saw that no harm could ever be done by him and became quite fond of him. They spent infinite amounts of time together. She even helped him tear down the rest of the wall. They were together and happy for years. Until one night the young girl woke up to find that the man, the one that claimed all of her love was gone and her heart was smashed to pieces. She wrote a letter to the town repair man and asked to for him to repair her heart. She waited for months and months on end but he never showed, so she picked up her tools and began to work on the wall once again. This time she built it twice as high and twice as thick but she figured no one will ever want her broken heart ever again so she never stopped working on to the wall. The repair man eventually showed up years late but the wall was so massive it was impossible to tear down .She never stopped building, all the while the repair man worked to tear it down. She never knew the repair man was on the other side but she was so tired of her heart being broken she never wanted it to be fixed because she knew there was a possibility that would feel that unbearable pain again.

This poem is truly a long time coming. Inspired by every girl out there that continues to be hurt and never wants to feel that pain again.